New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

when is the best time to buy a macbook?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

khoward1972

khoward1972 is on a distinguished road

I am getting ready to buy a macbook, but i am afraid as soon as i do a better model will be available. So when is the bust time to buy?
QUOTE Thanks
clayneal

clayneal is a glorious beacon of lightclayneal is a glorious beacon of lightclayneal is a glorious beacon of lightclayneal is a glorious beacon of lightclayneal is a glorious beacon of lightclayneal is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: late 08 macbook 2.0 4gig 320hdd10.7.3 32 gig iPhone 4s

there is no fool proof way to go about finding out when the new models will come out , but a lot of people kinda go by this :
Mac Buyer's Guide: Know When to Buy Your Mac, iPod or iPhone

Hope it helps
Clay

MY ADVICE COMES WITH A DOUBLE YOUR MONEY BACK GUARANTEE!
QUOTE Thanks
khoward1972

khoward1972 is on a distinguished road

thanks
QUOTE Thanks
bargsbeer

bargsbeer is a jewel in the roughbargsbeer is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 15" MBP Unibody 2.53Ghz 4GB RAM 250GB HD,VERIZON iPhone 4,SIG P238 ,iPad,6th Gen iPod NANO

I just wanted to add, There is never a bad time to buy a Mac. I'm stilling using my old 1.83Ghz Core2Duo Macbook and it suits me just fine, There are some folks still using the 1st generation iPhone with no problems either. Anything you buy today will give you several years of good use.
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 13" MB 2.4ghz, 2gig ram, OS 10.7.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoward1972 View Post
I am getting ready to buy a macbook, but i am afraid as soon as i do a better model will be available. So when is the bust time to buy?
This can be a concern...but when is the best time to buy is anyone's guess. The best time to buy is when you need a better or more capable computer.

Otherwise wait until new models are released...then the next day run to the Apple Store, pay top dollar for it...and then you will be sure that nothing new will be released 2 days in a row!

But then 3-6 months after you get this BRAND NEW laptop...don't complain when Apple reduces the price. Because that happens as well.

Hope this helps,

- Nick

- Computer slow, too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some speedup tips: Speedup
- Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
- Apple Battery Info. Battery
QUOTE Thanks
Jamie-Jamie

Jamie-Jamie is a jewel in the roughJamie-Jamie is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: Mac Pro, Power Mac G4, iMac G3, iPhone 3GS

Bargsbeer is right. It's always the best time. I can add to it... I'm still using Apple computers from the 20th Century daily.

For real work.
QUOTE Thanks
EndlessMac

EndlessMac is a jewel in the roughEndlessMac is a jewel in the roughEndlessMac is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 2.8 GHz 15" MacBook Pro OS X 10.7.x & some old Macs

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoward1972 View Post
If you are one of those people who hates buying something and then have a newer version come out a few days later then you have to plan ahead before buying. It also comes down to whether you want to wait or not.

If you are willing to wait then the best time to buy is right after the new versions are released or sometime close to that. Just keep in mind that Apple usually updates their laptops roughly every 8 months. This way you can plan for the future a little when your next upgrade purchase comes up.

If you really need it now then you will be frustrated with the waiting because Apple doesn't release their computers exactly on a specific time frame. Sometimes the newer computers come earlier than expected and sometimes they come later.
QUOTE Thanks
bargsbeer

bargsbeer is a jewel in the roughbargsbeer is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 15" MBP Unibody 2.53Ghz 4GB RAM 250GB HD,VERIZON iPhone 4,SIG P238 ,iPad,6th Gen iPod NANO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie-Jamie View Post
Bargsbeer is right. It's always the best time. I can add to it... I'm still using Apple computers from the 20th Century daily.

For real work.
That's a really good point, I know several people who still use the original iMac'.
the G5 and the Powerbook line are still very popular. One of my Dad's Mac' is a 700Mhz eMac G4 he uses everyday.
QUOTE Thanks
EndlessMac

EndlessMac is a jewel in the roughEndlessMac is a jewel in the roughEndlessMac is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 2.8 GHz 15" MacBook Pro OS X 10.7.x & some old Macs

Quote:
Originally Posted by bargsbeer View Post
That's a really good point, I know several people who still use the original iMac'.
the G5 and the Powerbook line are still very popular. One of Dad's Mac' is a 700Mhz eMac G4 he uses everyday.
There is also a difference between want and need. Most people don't need the latest fastest computer. They just want one.

The OP's concern is that he doesn't want a new one to come out soon after he buys one. It doesn't seem like he's overly concerned about the specs.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« MacBook Pro Video Issues | How Hot is too hot? »