New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

No Internet after waking from Sleep.

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

lakers213

lakers213 is on a distinguished road

right now i put my mbp to sleep and for some reason i opend safari to surf the web and it would not connect it would stay on loading what gives?i had to restart my notebook....
QUOTE Thanks
Jrmiller

Jrmiller will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: Black MacBook 2.4C2D/4GB/250GB

how long did you wait before restarting?
QUOTE Thanks
Oneironaut

Oneironaut is just really niceOneironaut is just really niceOneironaut is just really niceOneironaut is just really niceOneironaut is just really nice
Mac Specs: 21" iMac * 2.8 Ghz Intel Core i7 * 16GB 1333 Mhz DDR3 * 1TB HD *AMD Radeon HD 6770M 512 MB

Sometimes I find that getting online right after waking my MBP from sleep takes awhile because I think it's trying to find the wi-fi signal from the router again. Have you tried just waiting 30-60 seconds between waking your computer and opening Safari?
QUOTE Thanks
6string

6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)

....and perhaps a better title to your thread, as well as a better description of what's going on!
If you want people to take the time out of their day to assist you, please consider putting in the effort to warrant a response!
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.9.4, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS Note 8!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6string View Post
....and perhaps a better title to your thread, as well as a better description of what's going on!
If you want people to take the time out of their day to assist you, please consider putting in the effort to warrant a response!
Agreed. I just changed the title. I think the OP will get a lot more help if people know what the question is.

Also to the OP, is this Via a WiFi or Wired connection?
QUOTE Thanks
chas_m

chas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2009 MBP, Black speakers, Black Benq second monitor, black(ish) iPhone 5s, Black 2012 iPad, etc.

One thing that I have seen that seems to help this problem:

1. Go into System Preferances, choose Network, choose Advanced.

2. Under the "Airport" tab you will see a list of every network you have EVER joined!

3. Delete all of them EXCEPT your home network.

This gives the computer less to try and "look for" which could help keep the connection more regular.
QUOTE Thanks
6string

6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)

meet
meet
Sorry, just couldn't resist
QUOTE Thanks
chas_m

chas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2009 MBP, Black speakers, Black Benq second monitor, black(ish) iPhone 5s, Black 2012 iPad, etc.

LOL!!

Sadly, and I hate to admit this, but I really do look A LOT like my avatar!
QUOTE Thanks
6string

LOL..... all good... I have my head on a monkey body playing guitar, but I don't look far off my avatar either!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« i have a question i mainly use my macbook pro as desk top? | My Battery just blew up »