Unhappy Different type of noise inside Macbook Pro.
    Hi all. I apologize for another "strange noise inside my mac" post, but I haven't been able to find a similar post that described noises quite like mine is making.

I first noticed the noise when I was moving my Mac around, picking it up or setting it down. I've read a lot of posts where people have said it's just the Sudden Motion Sensor kicking in; but I noticed it again today when my computer first came out of sleep mode, and again while I was typing.

It sounds almost like a loose screw inside, or like insects skittering around; if that makes sense? Like if I turned my laptop directly on it's side; it sounds like a tiny screw falling from one end to the other.

I could just be paranoid and it MIGHT be the Sudden Motion Sensor, but the noise mine makes is more than a "click" like a lot of people have asked about.

It made this noise once back in November, and quit doing it until a few days ago. Could there just be something loose inside? Could it be the Sudden Motion Sensor? Is my hard drive failing? HALP!

It's one of the new MBP models, and isn't even a year old yet. The machine still runs perfectly; I just want to know if it's something I should be worried about.

Specs:
    Mid-2012 MBP (16GB, 1TB HD), Monoprice 24-inch second monitor, iPhone 5s 32GB, iPad Air 2 64GB
    As Groucho Marx would say: "stop doing that!"

It's probably something loose, but as long as you stop TRYING to move whatever it is around, it is probably harmless.

If it's really worrying you, take it to an Apple store, demonstrate the noise, and they will either reassure you or take the machine apart and find out what's going on.

PS. "Censor" is not the same thing as "Sensor." Never rely on spell-checkers.

Quote Originally Posted by chas_m View Post
    As Groucho Marx would say: "stop doing that!"

It's probably something loose, but as long as you stop TRYING to move whatever it is around, it is probably harmless.

If it's really worrying you, take it to an Apple store, demonstrate the noise, and they will either reassure you or take the machine apart and find out what's going on.
    Edited for grammars, it's been a long day.

I don't TRY to move it around, I just happen to notice the noise mostly when I DO move it. It has done it before when the laptop was basically stationary, like sitting on my lap while I do homework or something, which is what really made me worry.

Thank you for the input though. I will probably end up taking it in eventually, just wanted some opinions before I do so.

Specs:
    Black MacBook 2.4C2D/4GB/250GB
    something touching a fan maybe?

Inner noise problem
    The same problem just happened to me today. When I move my macbook pro it makes the same noise as described before. Any opinion?

Quote Originally Posted by wester View Post
    Hi all. I apologize for another "strange noise inside my mac" post, but I haven't been able to find a similar post that described noises quite like mine is making.

I first noticed the noise when I was moving my Mac around, picking it up or setting it down. I've read a lot of posts where people have said it's just the Sudden Motion Sensor kicking in; but I noticed it again today when my computer first came out of sleep mode, and again while I was typing.

It sounds almost like a loose screw inside, or like insects skittering around; if that makes sense? Like if I turned my laptop directly on it's side; it sounds like a tiny screw falling from one end to the other.

I could just be paranoid and it MIGHT be the Sudden Motion Sensor, but the noise mine makes is more than a "click" like a lot of people have asked about.

It made this noise once back in November, and quit doing it until a few days ago. Could there just be something loose inside? Could it be the Sudden Motion Sensor? Is my hard drive failing? HALP!

It's one of the new MBP models, and isn't even a year old yet. The machine still runs perfectly; I just want to know if it's something I should be worried about.
    Does it sound like the bouncing of the ball in the game "Pong"? Sorta like a ticking or clicking?

Thread Information