New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

HELP!! Macbook WiFi shuts down on its own

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

anarchytama

anarchytama is on a distinguished road

Wifi wont work... it works for 5-10min and it turns off on its own.

Im wondering what could be the problem with my Macbook... right now im connected to my TC 1TB through ethernet cause its the only way i can access the internet.

Other computers in my house work just fine... im thinking it could be the wireless-N card i put in it a couple of months ago... this computer came with a wireless-G and with a little help from google i replaced it with a wireless N.
Could that be the problem? It worked fine for some time, now in order for me to turn it on again i have to turn off the computer and restart leaving the power button pressed so it works again and only for a few minutes.

Any help other than replacing the wireless-N with the factory wireless-G would be appreciated.

Macbook Black 2.0Ghz Core Duo (early 2006)
2Gb DDR2
320GB HDD
Time Capsule 1Tb
(computer and TC have all the updates available)
QUOTE Thanks
singh_1885

singh_1885 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Mac Book Pro

can u check all the update in ur mac since it started happen,
try to delete them restart the mac then try

Singh
QUOTE Thanks
chas_m

chas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 MBP, Black speakers, Black Benq second monitor, black(ish) iPhone 5s, Black 2012 iPad, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anarchytama View Post
Other computers in my house work just fine... im thinking it could be the wireless-N card i put in it a couple of months ago... this computer came with a wireless-G and with a little help from google i replaced it with a wireless N.
Could that be the problem? It worked fine for some time, now in order for me to turn it on again i have to turn off the computer and restart leaving the power button pressed so it works again and only for a few minutes.
Yes, this is very likely to be the problem.
QUOTE Thanks
anarchytama

anarchytama is on a distinguished road

thanks guys!

i removed updates with no success... and couldnt find my old wifi card... so i kept on searching and found there are some issues with wifi cards heating up and airport turns off rendering it useless.

So anyways i found that shuting the macbook down and holding option+command+R+P and the power button until the startup chime sounds two times actually did the trick. Its been about 24 hours since y was able to fix it and its working perfectly now.

Thanks again!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« another water damage thread | Newbie...To the forums, anyway. »