Thread: Macbook woes

Macbook woes
    I have a Macbook 2,1 (OSX 10.6.2 4GB RAM 250GB HDD) that has been extremely slow after every boot. The problem seems to be after any boot there is a period of 5-20 mins where I get nothing but beachballs and freezing apps.

I have run both memtest and the Apple Hardware Diagnostics extended test(both came back no errors), I have also reinstalled OSX 10.6. Nothing seems to be helping. I have tried swapping in different RAM chips and testing each chip individually. I have also been searching the web and I have been unsuccessful in finding a solution. Most others seem to either have a slow boot or slow all the time. My problem is that it boots fine but is slow for some amount of time until and then speed up to where I would expect it to be.

I have nothing on my desktop I do not have anything suspicious running at boot and using 'top' I find nothing taking up massive amounts of resources. If anyone has seen a solution or has suggestions that I can follow please let me know. If you can point me in the right direction I'd be more than happy to be on my way.

Down Under :D
    Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
    Welcome to Mac Forums
    I don't know if you just reinstalled 10.6 or did a clean install, which is the way I would have gone if reinstalling to test things out.
    In preference to top, I'd go to activity monitor and have a look there.

Thread Information