New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

Has anyone found a good cover for the 13 inch MBP

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

ImmortalBeloved

ImmortalBeloved is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MBP 13 Inch Aluminum 2.26 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo 2 GB

With the aluminum unibody? I was looking around online and mostly they're all for the older MBP's. I did find one place that has the hard kind but I was wondering if anyone here has tried them. I was worried about it fitting right and scratching my MBP. I'd like red to match my office
QUOTE Thanks
uRabbit

uRabbit is on a distinguished road

Have a gander at Vaja's leather cases

Apple MacBook Pro 2.33GHz Aluminum [Sold]
Apple iPhone 3GS White 16GB [June 10, 2009]
QUOTE Thanks
Gottcha9

Gottcha9 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Mac Mini 8GB Airport Extreme w/2 250gb Seagates Fusion 3 w/Windows 7

look at carbonfibergear.com a little pricey but classy enough for the Mac
QUOTE Thanks
JohnCL

JohnCL is a glorious beacon of lightJohnCL is a glorious beacon of lightJohnCL is a glorious beacon of lightJohnCL is a glorious beacon of lightJohnCL is a glorious beacon of lightJohnCL is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: -->

I use the Speck See-Thru Satin case and it fits perfectly. I took it off the other day for cleaning after being on for a few months and it looked perfect. There was no cleaning needed. $50 at Best Buy or from Speck directly.
QUOTE Thanks
ImmortalBeloved

ImmortalBeloved is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MBP 13 Inch Aluminum 2.26 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo 2 GB

Great thanks for the info! I'll check all of those out!
QUOTE Thanks
rippingviper

rippingviper is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook Air 13" , 21.5" iMac i5, White iPhone 4s 32gig, iPad 3 white 16 gig, i5 Mac Mini

If you get a case make sure you take it off regularly and clean it. I got a little piece of dirt in mine and didnt know. i didnt take the case off for 3 weeks and i found a tiny little indent in the case where the piece of dirty rubbed into the aluminum. now i permanently have a little needle tip sized piece missing or well indented to my laptop . Made me sad

Show some Love give Reputation Reputation FAQ
QUOTE Thanks
JohnCL

JohnCL is a glorious beacon of lightJohnCL is a glorious beacon of lightJohnCL is a glorious beacon of lightJohnCL is a glorious beacon of lightJohnCL is a glorious beacon of lightJohnCL is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: -->

Quote:
Originally Posted by rippingviper View Post
If you get a case make sure you take it off regularly and clean it. I got a little piece of dirt in mine and didnt know. i didnt take the case off for 3 weeks and i found a tiny little indent in the case where the piece of dirty rubbed into the aluminum. now i permanently have a little needle tip sized piece missing or well indented to my laptop . Made me sad
Just curious, what case were you using?
QUOTE Thanks
rippingviper

rippingviper is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook Air 13" , 21.5" iMac i5, White iPhone 4s 32gig, iPad 3 white 16 gig, i5 Mac Mini

I have a hardshell clear see thru speck case. Don't get me wrong. I love the case and I love speck and want to buy the satin clear case xD and Also the iPhone case. They make great products. But dirt gets everywhere no matter what case you use. And I'm a mechanic and I take my uMBP everywhere with me. Work play and everything in between. Its still minty minty after a year except for that little pinhole where the piece of dirt was. You practically need a microscope to see it. I'm pretty picky.

Show some Love give Reputation Reputation FAQ
QUOTE Thanks
Themuskr

Themuskr is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 15" MBP UNI C2D 2.53 4gb

I would recommend the incase hard case over the speck case.

Macbook Pro 15" 2.53 C2D - OSX SL and Win 7 professional
QUOTE Thanks
bargsbeer

bargsbeer is a jewel in the roughbargsbeer is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 15" MBP Unibody 2.53Ghz 4GB RAM 250GB HD,VERIZON iPhone 4,SIG P238 ,iPad,6th Gen iPod NANO

Just remember with a case comes increased operating temperatures.Your basically taking a metal computer and wrapping it in plastic,It's going to get hotter.
QUOTE Thanks
mtbinva

mtbinva will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 15"MBP 2.66, 750GB 7200RPM HD, 8GB RAM; iPhone4S 64GB; 32GB iPad, White, AT&T.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bargsbeer View Post
Just remember with a case comes increased operating temperatures.Your basically taking a metal computer and wrapping it in plastic,It's going to get hotter.
I was wondering about that. I NEVER hear my fans, ever. And the fact the uni-body aluminum is a part of the cooling process, makes me think twice about a cover. I like the fact I can get a carbon fiber leather case that looks real nice, but I think I'll err on the side of caution.

Great cases though.
QUOTE Thanks
bargsbeer

bargsbeer is a jewel in the roughbargsbeer is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 15" MBP Unibody 2.53Ghz 4GB RAM 250GB HD,VERIZON iPhone 4,SIG P238 ,iPad,6th Gen iPod NANO

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtbinva View Post
I was wondering about that. I NEVER hear my fans, ever. And the fact the uni-body aluminum is a part of the cooling process, makes me think twice about a cover. I like the fact I can get a carbon fiber leather case that looks real nice, but I think I'll err on the side of caution.

Great cases though.
Also take into consideration part of buying a Mac is they are aesthetically pleasing, Why cover up that sexy new Macbook with a case? That goes for any Apple product. I never understood why someone would want to cover up their Macbook or iPhone, That's part of the whole experience.
QUOTE Thanks
KYGirl

KYGirl is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 13" MBP; 4GB RAM; 250GB HD

I also have the clear Speck hard shell case & have not had any issues with it at all. I am pretty obsessive with keeping the MBP clean & looking like it just came out of the box so I bought protective skins (light adhesive) for the palm rest area & also for the lid/outside case. Both skins are clear so you cannot see them, and I can rest comfortably knowing that I will not scratch the palm rest area and that (worst case scenario) the outside lid will not be scratched if dust & dirt were to get under the hard shell. I also have a screen protector on the LED to protect from scratches.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« I didn't charge my MacBook Pro long enough upon first usage! What can I do? | Cant decide »