Thread: Memory Upgrade

Mrclean
    Memory Upgrade
    I will be purchasing my 14" iBook soon and I want to upgrade the memory to 512 or 768MB. Should I just get it done from apple.com or would I be better off buying it seperate. Also could a novice install the memory? So many questions.

Tel
    Cheaper to buy from someone like newegg, just make sure its compatible with your iBook (check the Apple website.) installing it is very easy, read your user manual for a proper explaination on how its done.

Memory Upgrade
    Specs:
    ibook G4 14in
    it depends on your budget. I upgraded to 768 and just bought it directly from apple. I really didn't want to spend the extra time or money hunting down memory. The cost wasn't too bad. I'd say 768 is the way to go; everything runs real smooth on my book.

my apple is bling *tisk tisk, you shouldn't have any bling.. just nice things*

Memory Upgrade
    Specs:
    MacBook
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBear
    it depends on your budget. I upgraded to 768 and just bought it directly from apple. I really didn't want to spend the extra time or money hunting down memory. The cost wasn't too bad. I'd say 768 is the way to go; everything runs real smooth on my book.
    Not to sound like a smart aleck, but you did spend the extra money when you got it directly from Apple.
    There is no 'hunting' involved...just get the RAM upgrade from Newegg. I just got a 1GB stick for my iBook from them for just over $100 bucks. Its a heckuva lot cheaper than Apple, and like Tel mentioned, its a snap to install it. Just order the RAM the same day as the iBook and there is no extra time either. :black:

mac: a waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric
    MAC: a data communication protocol sub-layer, also known as the Media Access Control
    Mac: a brand name which covers several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc.

Memory Upgrade
    Specs:
    ibook G4 14in
    ok ok, if you want to be lazy like me then get it directly from apple. :yinyang:

my apple is bling *tisk tisk, you shouldn't have any bling.. just nice things*

Thread Information