New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

MBP and SDKs

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Boo-urns

Boo-urns is on a distinguished road

Hey guys,
New to the board and generally new to mac computers.
I just downloaded the iphone SDK and and installed it and I cannot find it to run it. Also installed the Xcode and same thing.

Can someone shed a little light on getting started on this please? I looked for web support but no luck.
Or is there a thread here that has covered this?

thanx !!
QUOTE Thanks
osxx

osxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3

Have you looked into your applications folder and under utilities.
QUOTE Thanks
Emptee

Emptee is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 2.4Ghz, 2Gb, 160HDD & 10.6.2 / Aluminum Keybaord & Mighty Mouse / WD MyBook 1TB

click on spotlight in the top right of your menu bar and then run a search for those two and you'll see where the file is for locating it or just simply opening it up.
QUOTE Thanks
vansmith

vansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 13" MBP (2.5 i5, 8GB)

Xcode is in /Developer by default, not in /Applications. Open up Finder, click on your HD (default name is "Macintosh HD") and open the Developer folder. In that folder is an Applications folder - this is where you will find Xcode.

Important Links: Community Guidelines : Use the reputation system if you've been helped.
M-F Blog :: Write for the blog
Writing a Quality Post
QUOTE Thanks
Boo-urns

ya i read that it is the devoloper folder, however it just takes me thru a bunch of folders and there is no launchable application in any of them.

Is anyone willing to do screen sharing support ? via team viewer or ichat?
QUOTE Thanks
vansmith

vansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond repute

Did you follow my previous instructions? If you didn't change the default install directory, the apps are in /Developer/Applications. You can also open Spotlight and search for xcode - just did it here and it came up as the Top Hit.

Again, open up Finder, go to your HD > Developer > Applications. If you can't find it that way, go to Finder, push Shift-Command-G and enter "/Developer/Applications" (without the quotes).

Important Links: Community Guidelines : Use the reputation system if you've been helped.
Writing a Quality Post
QUOTE Thanks
Boo-urns

i didn't change any of the install options so it should be as default.
this is mine,
mac hd/(developer is not here)sdk/macosx10.6sdk/developer/header, or usr..
and nothing launchable.
when i d/l'd the sdk it also had a folder called packages with a whole bunch of sdk programs or something.
QUOTE Thanks
vansmith

Sounds like you didn't install the right packages. What did you open to start the installation? You need to install Xcode from the XcodeTools.mpkg package.

Writing a Quality Post
QUOTE Thanks
Boo-urns

i attached pics of what i got, hope it worked ....
ok i guess it didn't work.

i need someone to IM support this lol
QUOTE Thanks
clayneal

clayneal is a glorious beacon of lightclayneal is a glorious beacon of lightclayneal is a glorious beacon of lightclayneal is a glorious beacon of lightclayneal is a glorious beacon of lightclayneal is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: late 08 macbook 2.0 4gig 320hdd10.7.3 32 gig iPhone 4s

Might I suggest starting here : iPhone Dev Center - Apple Developer Connection

And then maybe here:Installing the iPhone SDK - O'Reilly FYI Blog

and just maybe here Apple - Support - Mac 101

Hope this helps
Clay

MY ADVICE COMES WITH A DOUBLE YOUR MONEY BACK GUARANTEE!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Making a bootable dvd on mac for windows... URGENT | Max Resolution on Macbook to TV is 1600x1024 »