New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

apple logo on ibook

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Fallooza

Fallooza has a brilliant futureFallooza has a brilliant futureFallooza has a brilliant futureFallooza has a brilliant futureFallooza has a brilliant futureFallooza has a brilliant futureFallooza has a brilliant futureFallooza has a brilliant futureFallooza has a brilliant futureFallooza has a brilliant future

my drunk brother keeps telling me that the Apple logo on the iBooks used to be upside down when you opened them.he says its from the OJ Simpson trial there was a special one made so they could advertise on the TV coverage.
QUOTE Thanks
muso

muso has a reputation beyond reputemuso has a reputation beyond reputemuso has a reputation beyond reputemuso has a reputation beyond reputemuso has a reputation beyond reputemuso has a reputation beyond reputemuso has a reputation beyond reputemuso has a reputation beyond reputemuso has a reputation beyond reputemuso has a reputation beyond reputemuso has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: Pwnt

He's right that it used to be upside down, but I think it was the early g3 powerbooks... not quite sure though.

I'm in your forums, writing sentences in a grammatically acceptable manner.
QUOTE Thanks
Jordan

Yeah, I was watching Crocodile Dundee (in Czech as it were) and they had Apple product placement all over the movie (why they thought this would be a hip place to advertise is beyond me). The point is, the apple logo was upside down on each of the laptops - both powerbook and ibook (clamshell I think).

there you have it,

Jordan
QUOTE Thanks
Defaultuser

Defaultuser is on a distinguished road

yea guys i saw some old movies it was upside down ..!!
QUOTE Thanks
Avalon

Avalon is just really niceAvalon is just really niceAvalon is just really niceAvalon is just really nice
Mac Specs: PowerMac G5 Dual 2GHz (June 2004), 2.5GB, Airport, black 5G iPod 30GB, white MacBook 2.0 2GB

on the G3 PowerBooks and Clamshell iBooks it was upside down when opened. And the clamshell's logo did not light up.

The G4 PowerBooks (grey Aluminium/Titanium case) and the white iBooks all have the logo turned the right way when the lid is open, and the white iBook's logo lights up too, just like the PowerBooks.
QUOTE Thanks
Ey3 D

Mom has PowerBook G3 and logo is upside down. It is upright when you close it so I think that was the idea of it.
QUOTE Thanks
Dexter1912

yea i still have my trusty wallstreet with the upside down apple!!! its a great little design quirk
QUOTE Thanks
JackTheRipper

JackTheRipper is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 14" iBook 1.33 G4, 768 MB RAM, 60GB HD

man, who knew...drunk people do tell the truth
QUOTE Thanks
Fallooza

Fallooza has a brilliant futureFallooza has a brilliant futureFallooza has a brilliant futureFallooza has a brilliant futureFallooza has a brilliant futureFallooza has a brilliant futureFallooza has a brilliant futureFallooza has a brilliant futureFallooza has a brilliant futureFallooza has a brilliant future

but the main ? is, is it because of the OJ trial? he says that the first one that wasnt upside down was made special for OJs lawyer for the advertisement from the TV coverage. can anyone answer that?
QUOTE Thanks
Avalon

Avalon is just really niceAvalon is just really niceAvalon is just really niceAvalon is just really nice
Mac Specs: PowerMac G5 Dual 2GHz (June 2004), 2.5GB, Airport, black 5G iPod 30GB, white MacBook 2.0 2GB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallooza
but the main ? is, is it because of the OJ trial? he says that the first one that wasnt upside down was made special for OJs lawyer for the advertisement from the TV coverage. can anyone answer that?
The first 'Books with the non-upsidedown logo when open was the first G4 PowerBook, also known as Titanium, and the first white iBook, which came out a few months after the Titanium. The Titanium PowerBook was the first one having that slimline metal housing, instead of the black, more curved plastick housing of the Pismo, it's predecessor. And the white iBook was the first iBook with a glowing logo, on the Clamshell iBook, the logo wasn't lit, and was upsidedown when the lid was open.

And no, I definitely don't think that has anything to do with OJs trial...some people should be more carefully with drinking, gives them strange ideas :cool:
QUOTE Thanks
caribiner23

caribiner23 is just really nicecaribiner23 is just really nicecaribiner23 is just really nicecaribiner23 is just really nicecaribiner23 is just really nice
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro Retina 13" among far too many other Apple products

I think people are thinking of Judge Lance Ito's laptop. Ito was the judge in the OJ trial, and in most photos of him you could see the lid of his laptop with the logo upside-down.

I seem to remember he had a Sony laptop, not an Apple.
QUOTE Thanks
iLEFTOVERCRACK

iLEFTOVERCRACK is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: dual 2.5 ghz g5 desktop with ati 800x video card,14" iBook 1gb

Ey3 D is now the official digger upper of mac forums dot friggin com!!!....

QUOTE Thanks
WasabiTaylor

WasabiTaylor is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: iMac G5 20", 250gb, 512mb, Airport/Bluetooth, wireless kb+mouse

This is kind of lame...but I remember noticing the upside down logo in an episode of Boy Meets World. I know...I know...I'd rather you just didn't say anything.
QUOTE Thanks
xthisisRomancex

BMW is the best show ever made....
QUOTE Thanks
Ey3 D

Well iLEFTOVERCRACK, Apple has been in my family ever since it started so there are just these really old Apple computers so I see my mom's old Powerbook G3 laying around and have noticed it.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Help!!! | What is going on? »