New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

n00b

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

domyates

hello all, this is my first post here and so i thought i'd get it out of the way now and tell you all i'm a windows user! don't worry though i plan to 'switch' before xmas and i'm getting the top spec 15" powerbook.

before spending 1800 notes i wanted to pick some brains on a few things.

o is it possible to make the superdrive multi region permanently?

o is it possible to use the built in airport card with a different wireless router?

o what is the best p2p software available for mac?

o does anybody have any experience of using virtualpc windows emulator? if so how good is it?

thats all for now, i'm sure i will think of more later,

thanks guys

dy.
QUOTE Thanks
Murlyn

Murlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to all
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2

1. No not that I know of
2. Yes
3. Not sure.. I don't use them
4. No I don't

2 out of 4.. batting .500 not too bad
QUOTE Thanks
unl33t

2. most definatly, the hardest part is typing in the WEP key if its needed, OSX takes care of just about everything else.

3. "<a href="http://www.acquisitionx.com/" target="_new">acquisition</a>" is one of the better p2p apps i've run across for the mac. it operates on the gnutella/limewire filesharing network. i'd say its almost as good as kazaa... almost... :cool:
QUOTE Thanks
domyates

thanks guys.

any more for any more ?
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« How far do you have to push a cd into the slot before it takes it? | 10.2.8 update release Oct 3 »