New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

Why is the iPad the only product launched today? how about some MBP update?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Loathe

Loathe is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MBP2.26/4GbRAM

Well the iPad is a disappointment for sure. But why is apple still not updating the MBP line? I think all the other brands now have i7 cpu in all their notebooks already. I thought apple would announce more than the iPad yesterday. Double fail for apple!
QUOTE Thanks
WorldWideOliver

WorldWideOliver is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 2006 MacBook Pro, 10.7.2, 2.33 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB 667 MHz memory

I'm with you on that!
My old mac broke beginning of December, was holding out for some new i5 processors. And its overdue for an update!
I'm figuring theyll release a new pro by the end of feb latest but....
Don't know if i can resist....mac...any...longer...need....macbook pro....must.....buy....
Why Steve? Why'd you break my heart?
QUOTE Thanks
woodyuk

woodyuk is on a distinguished road

i think they might have left some stuff for MacWorld which is in a couple of weeks - first year they are not attending but does not mean they cant release some Mac stuff anyway ?

I hope so also, Macbook Pro also broke and need a new laptop urgently!
QUOTE Thanks
Eric559

Eric559 is a glorious beacon of lightEric559 is a glorious beacon of lightEric559 is a glorious beacon of lightEric559 is a glorious beacon of lightEric559 is a glorious beacon of lightEric559 is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: 2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.

Because this was not a MBP event....

Member Of The Month for December '08.
It's only the internet!
QUOTE Thanks
WorldWideOliver

WorldWideOliver is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 2006 MacBook Pro, 10.7.2, 2.33 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB 667 MHz memory

Actually it kind of was. They've been talking about releasing some new macbook pros for a while now, big talk of arrandale, etc.
Nobody knew for fact what this event was. Yes, it was pretty obvious it would be the iPad (or as people speculated iTablet) but they never made any commitments to that, and anyways could have coreleased some new pros....
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.9.4, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS Note 8!!

First thing the Special Events are usually for new devices or iPods. They never release upgraded Macs at those events. Second Apple never tells what they are going to release. Never have and never will. It was the rumor sites that said everything and NOT apple. They said brand new product. An upgraded Macbook Pro is not a brand new product.
QUOTE Thanks
osxx

osxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3

I had to replace mine in December old one had a bad logic board and Apple Care ran out 6 months before that no regrets this thing is a lot faster and runs cooler besides having unbelievable battery life aside from all that just wish that solid state hard drives
would become reasonable since this is a major bottle neck in speed/stability.
QUOTE Thanks
Eric559

Eric559 is a glorious beacon of lightEric559 is a glorious beacon of lightEric559 is a glorious beacon of lightEric559 is a glorious beacon of lightEric559 is a glorious beacon of lightEric559 is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: 2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtravis7 View Post
First thing the Special Events are usually for new devices or iPods. They never release upgraded Macs at those events. Second Apple never tells what they are going to release. Never have and never will. It was the rumor sites that said everything and NOT apple. They said brand new product. An upgraded Macbook Pro is not a brand new product.
Thank you kind sir. Very helpful.

Member Of The Month for December '08.
It's only the internet!
QUOTE Thanks
ingallsra

ingallsra is on a distinguished road

I'll probably be struck by lightning for saying this--but it's kind of nice that they didn't update the MacBook Pros yet. Considering that MBP sales were very high in December, I imagine that people who bought them or received them at Christmas would have gone through the roof if an update had been released this week (myself included). And now all the people who've been sitting on the fence with bated breath can just go out and buy one.
QUOTE Thanks
sandman

sandman is on a distinguished road

I kinda got a laugh out of yesterdays event. I hope the Ipad is a success
but I fear it won't be. I love the "Mac" rumor mill, spent days reading what
Apple was coming out with. I'm sure all the apps that were shown yesterday
on the Ipad will be available on their laptop line soon. So it begs the question
what will I carry with me, my MacBook or an Ipad...think I'll take the MacBook
much more versatile, I can read email, watch moves, tv shows, view pictures
etc. But the Ipad is still cutting edge design, innovation of hardware.
and yes it looks like a blown up Iphone, but it makes the learning curve very
short..
QUOTE Thanks
ingallsra

ingallsra is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandman View Post
I kinda got a laugh out of yesterdays event. I hope the Ipad is a success
but I fear it won't be. I love the "Mac" rumor mill, spent days reading what
Apple was coming out with. I'm sure all the apps that were shown yesterday
on the Ipad will be available on their laptop line soon. So it begs the question
what will I carry with me, my MacBook or an Ipad...think I'll take the MacBook
much more versatile, I can read email, watch moves, tv shows, view pictures
etc. But the Ipad is still cutting edge design, innovation of hardware.
and yes it looks like a blown up Iphone, but it makes the learning curve very
short..
Like you, I prefer my MBP also. The iPad is fascinating, but I'll definitely be waiting until at least the 2nd generation is released. Maybe by then it will have a camera for video calls and support Flash....not to mention a bigger hard drive and special viewing options to make reading ebooks easier on the eyes. But I think the iPad has the potential to be huge...
QUOTE Thanks

613 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: G4 Cube 450MHz, MacBook Air 11" 2013, iMac 21.5" i3, iPad 1,1 32GB

I'm one of those people that was quite happy there were no shiny new MBPs. I have a 21st birthday coming in mid-April, so the later they get released, the best deal I may be able to get.

I also felt the iPad did deserve the entire event. It's a bit closed for my liking, but we are 2 months from it appearing here in the UK, so there are likely to be more developments as time goes on. Would have loved a little more OSX and a little less iPhone OS, but the costs would obviously have rocketed.
QUOTE Thanks
mklasse

mklasse is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: PowerBook Al15" G4 1.25Ghz

I was one of the disappointed crowd. I am in the market for a new macbook pro, but was hoping to get a better spec for the money I'm going to spend. I was hoping at Core i5 chips since the new 27" iMacs are already using them.. or at least better video cards for the MBP line since the new 13" MB white has slightly better spec (larger HDD) than the lowest-end 13" MBP..
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Macbook Pro running slow - hard drive problem? | 15 inch macbook pro (2.4 ghz) LCD casing? »