New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

Mini Display Port to HDMI - doesn't work anymore

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

shammy125

shammy125 is on a distinguished road

Hi,

I have an external LCD tv that I connected to my MacBook Pro a month ago with a mini display port-hdmi adapter --> hdmi cable --> hdmi port of my lcd tv. Everything turned on as soon I started the computer and it worked fine.

My sister started using my monitor last week with her mac book mini divi --> hdmi adapter. After she used it, the tv now says "no signal" when I connect my macbook pro to it. My computer seems to detect it as it blanks out as soon as the tv turns on and the mouse can move off the screen and I can see the LCD tv under "Displays". It's just the tv that doesn't seem to find the signal. Could it be that once the LCD found the mac book it changed the settings to not detect my pro? The tv still works with the mac book, just not the pro. I've tried changing the resolution setting to no avail and tried various combinations of turning the laptop on before the tv, etc. Maybe I need a new adapter? Any help would be appreciated!
QUOTE Thanks
JohnOfVa

JohnOfVa is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Mac Book Pro 15"

Have you tried unplugging the TV?. I had a similar problem recently with an HDMI connection that just stopped working for no apparent reason. Turning the TV off and on didn't help it any, since it only puts the TV in standby mode. You need to unplug it force it to reset any connections that may have gotten screwed up.
If nothing else, it's worth a try.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« MacBook Speaking? | Improving my PowerBook G4 »