New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

how do i copy and paste on my macbook?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

arnolds bro

arnolds bro is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Processor 2.1ghz intel core 2 Duo

Hi all.

On my macbook ive only got 1 button for clicking so how can i copy and paste.
ive been told theres certain keys on the keyboard for this.
?

thanks
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.9.4, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS Note 8!!

Are you talking about in a Text document or on the desktop?

One thing though is in Windows the HotKeys are CTRL+C and CTRL+V. Well in OSX it's Command+C and Command+V.

If you want a Right Click menu on your Macbook you can either setup the trackpad for Two Finger Taping or use Control+LeftClick.
QUOTE Thanks
arnolds bro

arnolds bro is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Processor 2.1ghz intel core 2 Duo

im trying to copy and paste in logic pro
whats the most simple way?
QUOTE Thanks
VegasGeorge

VegasGeorge is a jewel in the roughVegasGeorge is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: iMac, and Macbook Pro

You need to set your Macbook up for the right click function. Go to /System Preferences/Trackpad (and Mouse) and select the secondary, right click function. Then you can right lick for the contextual menu from which you can select Copy and Paste.

By the way, Control Click on a one button mouse will work like a Right Click on a two button mouse.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Harddrive upgrade | I have enabled ethernet sharing on my MacBook. Please help. »