New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

I need to charge without a charger.... Can you?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

jaren0401

jaren0401 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Macbook Intel 2.4 GHz, 2 GB, 160 GB Hitachi HTS542516K9SA00 Media, OS X 10.6, Win 7 Via BootCamp

I borrowed my charger to my friends in class and forgot to ask it back! What should i do now? Can't do anything although i only have like 50% battery left!
QUOTE Thanks
Strukt

Strukt will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: rMBP 15" / 2.6GHz / 16GB / 512GB

You should ask it back. Or buy a new charger?

Make sure you turn the display brightness all the way down, this way you will make the battery last longer.

My Blog: Apple Laptops
QUOTE Thanks
jaren0401

jaren0401 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Macbook Intel 2.4 GHz, 2 GB, 160 GB Hitachi HTS542516K9SA00 Media, OS X 10.6, Win 7 Via BootCamp

No other choices?
QUOTE Thanks
TattooedMac

TattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 21" iMac 2.9Ghz 13"MBP 2.9Ghz i7 Both on 10.9.2 ~ iPhone5 iOS 7.1 ~ iPad Mini 7.1 ~ ATV2 6.0.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaren0401 View Post
No other choices?
When you think about it there really is only two choices ......

As stated by Strukt ... Ask for it back or buy a new one ..!!!!!!

Dont forget to use the Reputation System if someone has helped you out !!!
Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
"Can't innovate any more, my ***" Phil Schiller
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 13" MB 2.4ghz, 2gig ram, OS 10.7.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaren0401 View Post
No other choices?
You could build a nuclear reactor to put inside your laptop...but you might need to do some case modifications!

- Nick

- Computer slow, too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some speedup tips: Speedup
- Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
- Apple Battery Info. Battery
QUOTE Thanks
True Bassist

True Bassist is a jewel in the roughTrue Bassist is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: MBP/2.53GHz i5/4GB RAM/500GB HDD/15" LED Screen/Intel HD Graphics & NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M

If you dance around the Mac singing 'charge charge oh please charge' then it might recharge the battery. I can't guarantee anything though.
QUOTE Thanks
miles01110

miles01110 will become famous soon enough

Ask for it back or buy a new one. Isn't that obvious?
QUOTE Thanks
MYmacROX

MYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 2008 15" MBP ML, 2012 21.5" iMac ML

Ahh, you're forgetting a 3rd option...
Go back in time and purchase another battery for backup. Fast forward to today and now you have another battery to swap out when the charge runs out on the one that's in your notebook. Voila!
QUOTE Thanks
grnvlmike

grnvlmike is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Macbook Aluminum 2.4, 4g mem, 640 gig drive

I hope you were not in English class, because if your teacher ever read your initail post I believe he/she would have a heart attack!
QUOTE Thanks
p3ezi(moto)

p3ezi(moto) will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: VZW iPhone 4 64gb Ipad 13" White Macbook * WD 500GB HD 80GB Ipod Classic

time to pull out the pen and paper

GS3 - Nexus 7 - 13in Macbook
QUOTE Thanks
Doug b

Doug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15-inch Early 2008; Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Memory 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM; 10.7.5

wow really ? As not-sorry as I feel for the OP, I can actually offer a reasonable solution until he either gets his charger back or buys a new one.

This will also kill a few birds with one stone hopefully.

1. Call the person you gave the charger to and demand to get it back.

2. Tell them to meet you at an APPLE store.

3. Go to an APPLE store.

4. Take out laptop.

5. Set it down on a counter next to another macbook

6. disconnect charger from macbook next to you and put it in yours !

7. if the person doesnt show up with your charger, pay for a new one.

8. go to friend who has your charger

9. hand them the receipt for the charger

10. say thank you for the money it cost you to get a new charger.

if all that fails, never forget the lesson you've just learned.

doug
QUOTE Thanks
JUKE179r

JUKE179r is a jewel in the roughJUKE179r is a jewel in the roughJUKE179r is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: '07 MBP 256GB SSD/6GB RAM/SL <--DAW!!!

You can charge it without the power cord... if you are MacGyver!

Chuck Norris would just stick his finger in the power connector port and "overcharge" the battery.

MBP 3,1 & 4,1 w/ Vertex 4 SSD | Logic Pro 9 | Ableton Live 8 | Traktor Pro 2 | AKAI MPK-49 | Roland MV-8000, TR-808 & TR-909 | Ensoniq ASR-10 | x0xb0x #911 | Denon DN-MC6000 | (3) Technics SL-1200MK1 | 3000+ vinyl records
QUOTE Thanks
Doc750

Doc750 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Macbook5,2, iPad 16 gb, iPhone 3GS 32 gb, Iphone 4

go to starbucks or B&N or borders and ask to borrow someone's at the coffee shop for an hour.
QUOTE Thanks
6string

6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)

You can try lodging a piece of wire in your charging terminal and:
-Putting the other end in a power point
-Toaster
-In your hands and rubbing it on the carpet really quickly

Warning: (Disclaimer)
The poster of this message cannot be held liable for any loss or damage to property or people which may occur from attempting the above silly acts!
QUOTE Thanks
Sawday

Sawday is a jewel in the roughSawday is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 24" Aluminium, 2.8 GHz, 4Gb RAM. iPad2, iPhone4

Borrowed...to? Interesting use of the English language. Surely your friend did the borrowing - you did the lending. You didn't give it to him as a gift so what's the problem in getting it back?

Happiness is not getting what you want, but wanting what you get.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Screen 'fading to white' | MacBook Speaking? »