Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1


    Member Since
    Jan 21, 2010
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    2
    Should I wait for New MBP?
    I was getting set to buy the 17" MBP (tomorrow) and went online to do a little more research. Now I don't know if I should wait for a new model. It seems that a new model may be due out very soon.

    Any suggestions? Should I wait or get one now? This will be my first Mac.

  2. #2

    pigoo3's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 20, 2008
    Location
    U.S.
    Posts
    35,803
    Specs:
    2011 13" MBP 2.3ghz, 8gig ram, OS 10.8.5
    Quote Originally Posted by iPonyPhotos View Post
    I was getting set to buy the 17" MBP (tomorrow) and went online to do a little more research. Now I don't know if I should wait for a new model. It seems that a new model may be due out very soon.

    Any suggestions? Should I wait or get one now? This will be my first Mac.
    Can you provide some links as to what internet research you did that indicates that new Apple laptops are due out very soon?

    I would love to read the articles.

    Thanks,

    - Nick
    - Too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
    - Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some slow computer tips: Speedup
    - Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
    - Apple Battery Info. Battery

  3. #3

    TattooedMac's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 19, 2009
    Location
    Waiting for a mate . . .
    Posts
    8,437
    Specs:
    21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
    Bottom line is do you need it NOW??
    If not wait til the next one comes out. If you want to wait til next one BC its up to date and the latest you will always be waiting for the latest to come out.
    If this MBP will do everything above and beyond what you need then i would buy now.
    You wont be disappointed

    Cheers
    Dont forget to use the Reputation System if someone has helped you out !!!
    Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
    MoTM ☆☆☆

  4. #4

    Strukt's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 14, 2008
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    365
    Specs:
    rMBP 15" / 2.6GHz / 16GB / 512GB
    If you can wait and you dont need it right now I would wait. If you really need it right now then go out and buy it. You wont be disappointed
    My Blog: Apple Laptops

  5. #5


    Member Since
    Jan 27, 2007
    Location
    *Brisvegas*
    Posts
    5,658
    Specs:
    17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
    Wait till we know what was talked about on the Apple product event on January 27. And if there si no MBP talk there and you need one as the others have said buy it. But in my personal opinion I would never buy just before an Apple product event because you never know what they could announce and show at those events.

  6. #6

    cwa107's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 20, 2006
    Location
    Lake Mary, Florida
    Posts
    26,947
    Specs:
    15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD
    Thread moved to more appropriate forum. Please read before posting in Rumors & Reports.
    Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!

    https://youtu.be/KHZ8ek-6ccc

  7. #7


    Member Since
    Mar 11, 2009
    Posts
    469
    Quote Originally Posted by pigoo3 View Post
    Can you provide some links as to what internet research you did that indicates that new Apple laptops are due out very soon?
    Just one example, but the Buyer's Guide from MR notes that the MBP is 27 days past its average time-between-updates.

  8. #8

    pigoo3's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 20, 2008
    Location
    U.S.
    Posts
    35,803
    Specs:
    2011 13" MBP 2.3ghz, 8gig ram, OS 10.8.5
    Quote Originally Posted by miles01110 View Post
    Just one example, but the Buyer's Guide from MR notes that the MBP is 27 days past its average time-between-updates.
    Yes...that could be one possible indicator. But looking at the same page Mac Buyer's Guide...it also indicates that the Mac Pro is due for an update as well...since it is 88 days past it's average time-between-updates.

    Rumors are rumors...and until Apple actually makes an announcement...rumors are basically worthless!

    - Nick
    - Too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
    - Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some slow computer tips: Speedup
    - Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
    - Apple Battery Info. Battery

  9. #9


    Member Since
    Jan 22, 2010
    Posts
    1
    To wait or not?
    Hi,

    I was looking to by a Macbook Pro this weekend but of course this has put me off. I was planning to get the entry level 15" - do you think its likely that a core i5 will end up in that model and if so for a very similar price?

    Lewis

  10. #10

    MYmacROX's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 17, 2009
    Posts
    3,625
    Specs:
    2008 15" MBP Yosemite, 2012 21.5" iMac Yosemite
    Quote Originally Posted by LewisB View Post
    Hi,

    I was looking to by a Macbook Pro this weekend but of course this has put me off. I was planning to get the entry level 15" - do you think its likely that a core i5 will end up in that model and if so for a very similar price?

    Lewis
    No idea yet. Even google searches will only give you rumors. If you don't absolutely need it today, wait another week (well, 5 days) to see what is announced and go from there. There are Windows laptops out that have i5s in them so it's not an impossibility. There's just no way to know what will be announced. It could be one thing (apple tablet) or several things (tablet, iPhone, new line of MBPs). Who knows?!! None of us do.

  11. #11


    Member Since
    Jul 09, 2009
    Posts
    240
    Specs:
    13 Inch Apple MacBook Pro; 2.40 GHZ, 4GB Ram, 250GB HDD
    Again, this question is asked a lot. If you need it now and can afford it, then go and get it.
    HP Pavillion G62; 2.10 GHZ, 4GB DDR3 Ram, 320GB HDD. 32GB Apple iPod Touch (4G). LG Gossip.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. To buy a new MBP or wait ?
    By markzilch in forum Apple Notebooks
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-17-2011, 05:12 PM
  2. MBP: Buy now or wait...
    By RMC in forum Apple Notebooks
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-30-2010, 01:08 AM
  3. Get MBP now or wait for new version?
    By crabapplemcn in forum Apple Notebooks
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-16-2010, 01:58 PM
  4. New MBP or... wait?
    By stankewich in forum Apple Notebooks
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-30-2008, 01:18 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •