Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Best place to get a used macbook?
    I'm looking at getting a used macbook, I was wondering if there are any sites you recommend? I went to the apple store and the refurbished is still a little to steep for me, I am on a budget. Thank you for any help.

Specs:
    Macbook Pro 13" (mid-09) | Specs:(2.26Ghz CPU,2gb ram, 160gb HD, Nvidia 9400m 256mb DDR3)
    Whats your price range?

Also if your a student you can grab a new macbook from the apple store for a $899.

Also eBay might be a good choice just be careful, because some of the sellers are not what they seem. Make sure the seller has a good reputation. Make sure you ask for serial number to check if the laptop is stolen.

Quote Originally Posted by DMG1287 View Post
    I'm looking at getting a used macbook, I was wondering if there are any sites you recommend? I went to the apple store and the refurbished is still a little to steep for me, I am on a budget. Thank you for any help.
    If the refurbs are still a little out of your price range, I would suggest Craigslist, although availability will have a lot to do on where you live. Ebay would be my second option.

This is really a great time to be looking for a used Macbook. With the rumored Macbook refresh coming up soon, I bet you will see a lot of people out there selling their current models to upgrade to the latest and greatest, which is good for you.

Well I am in the navy, and I am just trying to find the best deal possible, I would like to spend no more then 799 if possible. The best deal I found on the applestore was 849.

Specs:
    2011 13" MBP 2.3ghz, 8gig ram, OS 10.8.5
    Craig's List or e-Bay is pretty much it. There are used computer internet sites...but they are usually wayyy too expensive! You could also check the classified section of your local newspaper...but that's REALLY a long-shot.

If you were a university student (yes you said you were currently in the Navy)...I would have also suggested checking the University newspaper & bulletin boards around campus.

- Nick
    - Too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
    - Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some slow computer tips: Speedup
    - Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
    - Apple Battery Info. Battery

Lowendmac.com keeps tabs on current MacBook prices; they track new, refurbished and used. Here's a link to their deals page:

Best 13" MacBook and MacBook Pro Prices

Here's a place I've purchased parts from, but not whole computers, they seemed reasonably priced:

Used MacBook Intel Core 2 Duo/1.83 GHz | PowerMax

Good luck!

Well guys I just did my taxes and I am getting a lot more money then I thought so I will be going to best buy when I get it in about two weeks and buying a macbook and a ipod touch. The actual reason I am getting a mac is because of microsoft and pc companies. I do like windows and my 120 GB zune but when they released the zune hd with no intention of apps or games (has had the same 16 for 6 months now) it just showed me that they don't care what there consumers want, I want to buy a product in a company that listen's (which they didnt do with vista either). As far as the pc companies go it seems like there computers dont last like they use to (from experience), everyone swears by apple so I am going to give them a shot. Thanks for the help.

Specs:
    Quote Originally Posted by beaulen View Post
    Here's a place I've purchased parts from, but not whole computers, they seemed reasonably priced:

Used MacBook Intel Core 2 Duo/1.83 GHz | PowerMax
    Too much. The place you linked is selling 3-4 year-old 1.83ghz MacBooks for $669.00.

6 months ago I paid $400 for a MacBook 2.0ghz core 2 duo from someone on Craig's List. You should be able to easily get an older 1.83ghz MacBook for less than $669 on Craig's List or e-Bay.

The majority of internet stores selling used Macintosh equipment charge way more than what you can get (with careful & patient shopping) the same computer from someone on Craig's List or e-Bay.

I'm not saying these internet stores aren't doing what they have to do to make a profit...I'm just saying you can do better on Craig's list or e-Bay.

- Nick
    - Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some slow computer tips: Speedup

The thing you won't get on Craigslist is any sort of warranty, many of the online retailers offer at least a minimal warranty. Craigslist is a great place to look for Macs though, I picked up a MacBook Core 2 Duo machine that had a bad Magsafe board and ended up spending just a bit under $150 for the MacBook and parts for a great running machine!

Specs:
    fall 09 macbook
    If I was going to get a pre owned macbook, I would just get the refurbished one from Apple themselves. I for one don't really trust buying anything used from anywhere but the original company or from a friend just because of past experiences
    life is tough. and then you die

Specs:
    Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
    adding to that, the refurbished ones from apple come with 12mth warranty, plus option to purchase applecare, which means at the end of the day, that not only you are getting a major discount, but Apple believes they are as new, and are standing behind the products.
    In most cases, they are probably better than new as the testing has been more rigorous!
    I know that next time I need a new mac, I am certainly going down that road in preference to the Apple store or other Apple retailers.

Well I plan on buying a brand new one for 999$, just waiting for my tax return which should be here by the end of next week.

Got mine off the Apple web site. You get the same warranties and support. No scratches and it looked like a brand new computer. The only thing different was that it wasn't wrapped in a fancy glossy box. I've bought three Ipods the same way and never had a problem w/ them either. Good luck.

Specs:
    Power G4/ MacBook Intel 1.83 GHz/ MacBook 2008 2.4 GHz Unibody / MBPro 2.53 GHz/ Iphone 3GS
    What Ru looking for? and what region of the country u are in? Otherwise what every body else said Craig's list or good old E-Bay.

Specs:
    Well I plan on buying a brand new one for 999$,
    Didn't you start this thread with the title, "Best place to get a used macbook?"

Thread Information