New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

Mouse help

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Grizzly

Grizzly is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Macbook Pro 15" Stock

I hope this isn't a silly thread. I have minor problem, something I hope can be solved. I used to be a PC owner and I made the switch to mac. Now Im not a fan of the trackpad and such, so I connected my usb mouse, its logitech. I messed with the mouse setting in system preferences but it still seems odd to me. I don't really know how to explain it, unlike the PC, it doesnt have fast precise pinpoint ability. Its laggy I guess you can say, and I was wondering if theres a driver for connecting usb mouse that arent from apple or something to fix this. Thanks.
QUOTE Thanks
vansmith

vansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 13" MBP (2.5 i5, 8GB)

You're likely looking for the tracking speed. Go to System Preferences > Mouse (which you're familiar with) and mess with the tracking speed.

Important Links: Community Guidelines : Use the reputation system if you've been helped.
M-F Blog :: Write for the blog
Writing a Quality Post
QUOTE Thanks
Grizzly

Grizzly is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Macbook Pro 15" Stock

I tried it, but I think its something I'm going to have to live with. Its just not the same. Nothing can be exactly the same, know what I mean? Lol, can't be picky. Thanks though.
QUOTE Thanks
alexsd123

alexsd123 has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: Macbook Pro 13"

Try steermouse

You can adjust the acceleration (which is what I think you are having problems with).
QUOTE Thanks
VegasGeorge

VegasGeorge is a jewel in the roughVegasGeorge is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: iMac, and Macbook Pro

I think I know what you mean about the way the mouse is acting. I got mad at my Mighty Mouse a year or so ago, and bought a 3rd party wireless mouse. I think it was a Logitech. It never seemed quite right. "Laggy" is a good description. It just seemed to be swimming through molasses. I tried everything, and couldn't get it to work normally. And I'm an experienced computer guy. I finally gave up and went back to the Mighty Mouse. By the way, I've replaced my Mighty Mice with Magic Mice, and I'm a whole bunch happier. Good luck!
QUOTE Thanks
EndlessMac

EndlessMac is a jewel in the roughEndlessMac is a jewel in the roughEndlessMac is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 2.8 GHz 15" MacBook Pro OS X 10.7.x & some old Macs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly View Post
I hope this isn't a silly thread. I have minor problem, something I hope can be solved. I used to be a PC owner and I made the switch to mac. Now Im not a fan of the trackpad and such, so I connected my usb mouse, its logitech. I messed with the mouse setting in system preferences but it still seems odd to me. I don't really know how to explain it, unlike the PC, it doesnt have fast precise pinpoint ability. Its laggy I guess you can say, and I was wondering if theres a driver for connecting usb mouse that arent from apple or something to fix this. Thanks.
It could just be that specific mouse that is having this problem because I also have a USB Logitech optical mouse and I use both Mac and Windows pretty frequently and have not really noticed what you are talking about. Mac's default tracking speed is different than Windows but you said you already tried playing with that setting. I don't really have any solutions for you except for trying out different mice. You might want to save the receipts in case you have to return them.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Black Tool Bar? How | Kernel Panic - HELP! »