I am trying to remove files I don't need...
    I go to where I want to, but when I get there... The file I want to delete off is "greyed" rather than black. Like it's non-exsitant, but it has to be there, how do you delete that off so it's not listed. It doesn't belong to anything anyway.

I've had my macbook pro (the aluminum one with the black boarder around the screen for almost a year and I love it. This is the second biggest problem I have. I had one track pad freeze, but that's basically it.

It's in photobooth. It was a saved file from the internet. I can't figure out how to delete it off.

Thank you.

did you empty your trash and/restart. remember, shutting down and rebooting is your best friend when it comes to troubleshooting on a mac
    Mac specs: late 2009 MBP 15 inch 2.53ghz 4gb Ram 320 gb HDD, 32 gb iphone 3gs white, 16 gb iphone 2g

I had that file (jpg or jpeg) a few days ago, can the trick work a few days later afterword....?

Napier NZ
    27 iMac i5, MBP 13 & iMac 20, 2TB dual TC, AppleTV, iPh4S
    Click on Finder in Dock and a window will open that will allow you to Navigate to and delete a file - right click on file will open contextual menu with 'Move to Trash" selection.

Click for full size

I think I already did it on accident because I don't know how I did. I am notorious for that if you know me. However, I have one pretty stupid question. I have the trackpad that doesn't split into two buttons or a seperate button from the track pad. I think the white one does.. I have only used the white one twice. My brother and sister (in-law) have one.. so will this work for the what I call a universal track pad because it doesn't actually have physical buttons on the bottom, the track pad acts like a button or buttons on the bottom. (I am sorry if this doesn't make sense, but if you have the aluminum macbook pro, you'll know what I mean.) It's the MBP that has the probably one inch black boarder around the screen.

Thread Information