New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

Migration Issue Mbook to Imac

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

tapple

tapple is on a distinguished road

Earlier this evening (last now) a completed migration message appeared in my 2008-09 macbook 13 (source) and my 2009 imac (destination computer).

All in all a good 24 hrs passed from start to finish. Part of the reason I suspect (lenght of time) is that I mistakenly ‘allowed’ the macbook to go to sleep..it dawned on me over night/I made the adjustment..it took 12 or so hours to finish after I change the settings.

As I remember there were about 65-70 GB of program applications plus/including the iphoto file, mail, and browsing historybookmarks & browsing history…the latter migrated; the programs not>>>

None of the program applications seem to have migrated (eg. the Adobe Suite, Iwork, MS Office 2008, Final Cut, etc.

I used my wireless network as the method of migration since my macbook doesn't have a firewire port–just a couple of usb2 and an ethernet port.

The Imac HD reads 595 GB capacity and 514 GB available. The Macbook HD @ 232 GB capacity & 135 GB available.

Any help/direction will be greatly appreciated.

Ted
Silverdale, Wa
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« inconsistent gestures | Problems with aluminium macbook unibody LCD »