Connecting 3 year old white MB to plasma HDMI?
    Hi all, I've been a lurker for a while but finally jumping in with a question...for a friend who just emailed me!

They have a 3 or 4 year old white macbook and would like to connect it to their LG plasma. Now, I have no idea what connections the plasma has but assuming there must be a way to connect via HDMI with some kind of lead - I'm also not sure what connections the old white MB has which is why I thought I'd be best if asking here.

Any help very much appreciated

Specs:
    2GHz Mac Mini 2GB RAM 160GB 10.6.2 | MDD DP 1.25GHz G4 1.5GB RAM 10.4.11 | 233MHz iMac G3 10.3.9
    Like this?

I'm fairly certain the old Macbook (iBook?) has VGA output to go to a monitor.

Right ok thanks. I'm not sure if it's an ibook or not, not familiar with that range of older Macs I just know it's the white one that came out alongside the higher spec black one.

Also, it appears that the real reason for wanting to know about connecting from a tv is she wants to get the sound from the mac out via the tv...however the headphone socket is broken, so I guess that probably means there isn't much that can be done?!

Thanks for the speedy reply btw

Specs:
    2GHz Mac Mini 2GB RAM 160GB 10.6.2 | MDD DP 1.25GHz G4 1.5GB RAM 10.4.11 | 233MHz iMac G3 10.3.9
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverpenguin View Post
    Right ok thanks. I'm not sure if it's an ibook or not, not familiar with that range of older Macs I just know it's the white one that came out alongside the higher spec black one.

Also, it appears that the real reason for wanting to know about connecting from a tv is she wants to get the sound from the mac out via the tv...however the headphone socket is broken, so I guess that probably means there isn't much that can be done?!

Thanks for the speedy reply btw
    If that's when it came out, then it's a Macbook.

VGA is display only; since the jack is broken you may be SOL. Sound card is soldered onto the motherboard. Sorry.

Specs:
    nice portfolio btw

Quote Originally Posted by deus_ex_machina View Post
    If that's when it came out, then it's a Macbook.

VGA is display only; since the jack is broken you may be SOL. Sound card is soldered onto the motherboard. Sorry.
    Bugger

Quote Originally Posted by deus_ex_machina View Post
    nice portfolio btw
    And thanks, appreciated

Thread Information