New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

Half of MacbookPro 17" screen white

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

scubasteve3715

scubasteve3715 is on a distinguished road

A while ago i replaced the front bezel and the back plate of my MacbookPro 17" 2.33GHZ. Everything went fine, except over time slowly but surely, the lower half of the screen started to flicker. I figured it was a faulty LVDS cable, so i bought a new one and just installed it. The machine turns on and works, its just the lower half of the screen is now white at startup and if i hit the display from the side it corrects itself. Only if i move the screen a little, it goes back white. ANY IDEAS? I am so lost.
QUOTE Thanks
KaCe

KaCe is on a distinguished road

I have no idea, but am interested in this thread, as I will be replacing my monitor this week and want to be aware of obstacles and solutions.
QUOTE Thanks
thurstmw

thurstmw has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Mac Specs: 13inch 2.3 i5 MBP 64gb SSD 320gb HD 8gb 1333

It could be something in the actual LCD. I had a similar problem with my old macbook air which could be corrected by holding the screen correctly. I repaired it by replacing the LCD and it worked fine. I would check the connectors first though.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Macbook a1181 Screen Issue? | Macbook Air Dilemma »