New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

PERMANENTLY uninstall a program

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

kokinut620

kokinut620 is on a distinguished road

I downloaded "cleanmymac" a while back and I decided to uninstall it by dragging it to the "trash"
idk if that's how you permanently delete ALL the components from the mac, but that's what I've been told, i noticed it didn't so i re-installed, and left the "installation" part up, and clicked uninstall, and i THOUGHT it deleted all of the components, but i guess not!
I noticed that my mac freezes after sleep, when asking for my password, and like i said before, i'm impatient, and it drives me!

I opened "console" and I thing it lists what the mac has done, and well "cleanmymac" is still on my mac!!!!!

Screen shot 2010-01-13 at 7.28.18 PM.png
Screen shot 2010-01-13 at 7.31.50 PM.png

HELP!
Please.
QUOTE Thanks
TattooedMac

TattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 21" iMac 2.9Ghz 10.9.4 13"MBP 2.9Ghz i7 Yosemite 10.10 ~ iPhone5 iOS 8 ~ iPad Mini iOS 8 ~ ATV3 6.1

Download AppCleaner.
Install CleanMyMac then drag it onto the Appcleaner icon and then delete.

AppCleaner will trash any file or folder associated with anything you drag to it. Its a great little App and it does work.
I use it as well as AppTrap which sits in the System Preferences pane and works like Appcleaner. All you have to do with that one is drag to trash and if there are any associated files/folders it will ask if you want to delete them...

Hope you fix your problem

Cheers

CogFrog Studio's ~ Photography, Apps and Web Development
Dont forget to use the Reputation System if someone has helped you out !!!
Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
QUOTE Thanks
kokinut620

kokinut620 is on a distinguished road

Are those programs the same as AppZapper?
QUOTE Thanks
TattooedMac

TattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 21" iMac 2.9Ghz 10.9.4 13"MBP 2.9Ghz i7 Yosemite 10.10 ~ iPhone5 iOS 8 ~ iPad Mini iOS 8 ~ ATV3 6.1

Yep AppZapper is very much like Appcleaner .... The interface is nearly identical .....

CogFrog Studio's ~ Photography, Apps and Web Development
Dont forget to use the Reputation System if someone has helped you out !!!
Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
QUOTE Thanks
vansmith

vansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 13" MBP (2.5 i5, 8GB)

AppCleaner/AppZapper/etc are only useful for apps that don't have uninstallers. If an app has an uninstaller, it has one for a reason. Just a note for the future.

Looking at the CleanMyMac site, it appears that the app does not come with an uninstaller so you should be okay using one of the uninstaller apps like AppCleaner.

Important Links: Community Guidelines : Use the reputation system if you've been helped.
M-F Blog :: Write for the blog
Writing a Quality Post
QUOTE Thanks
harryb2448

harryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac i5 2.7GHz OS X.9.4 and OS X.10

And it is not a good application so suggest steering clear.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« MBP 13" buying advice please | trouble installing software »