New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

15'' Macbook Pro cutsoff

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

El_Schmoo

El_Schmoo is on a distinguished road

So today I was on the internet and listening to music in my living room on my macbook Pro of 7 months and all of a sudden the screen went black and my notebook shut down. I thought, "meh, no biggie ill turn it back on" but it wouldnt turn on again.

When I try to turn it on again nothing happens and it only makes a click sound. My laptop has shown no signs of defects and was working perfectly for the last 7 months. All of a sudden it shut down and it appears to may be fried which makes no sense at all considering that its never been abused at all.

So I am just wondering if anyone has had a similar situation such as this and what happened to my 15" Macbook Pro.
QUOTE Thanks
miles01110

miles01110 will become famous soon enough

It could be any number of things. It will be easier for you to just take it in or send it in for repair. If you bought your machine 7 months ago you are still under warranty.
QUOTE Thanks
MYmacROX

MYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 2008 15" MBP ML, 2012 21.5" iMac ML

Unless your battery ran down so low it "shut down".
Did you try plugging it in, waiting a few minutes and trying to start it up again?
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« best portable external hd to buy with my macbook 10.5.7 | Wireless Keyboard and Magic mouse on Macbook pro? »