Macbook cd drive just spits out cd's
    I am trying to fix my friends macbook for them because they know nothing about computers. Their cd drive wont hold in any discs, when you put in a disc it takes it in, makes some really weird sounds and spits the disc out after about 5 secs of it making some weird noises. I'm used to PC's so I'm kinda lost. all the drivers seem to be up to date, thats the first thing I did when I started to work on it and it still makes those weird sounds. Does anyone have any suggestions on what might be causing it to spit the cd's out?

Specs:
    Late 2013 27" iMac, iPad 3, iPhone 6s+, iPhone 6+, 3 iPods, El Capitan
    Try cleaning the drive. You can purchase a drive cleaning kit at Radio Shack or most any store that sells computers and accessories. It may just be a dirty optical light. If it continues to do the same thing after cleaning, it may be time to replace the drive. But first ask your friend if the machine is still under warranty or Apple care.

Regards.

Same problem
    Hi,
    I had exactly the same problem with my Macbook last year. I searched for days on the internet to find a solution. Nothing helped. In the end I had the drive replaced by Apple. Looks like this is a a common fault. I would recommend giving up looking for solutions that do not help - just face the facts and have the drive replaced.
    Cheers,
    Ella

Specs:
    Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ella View Post
    Hi,
    I had exactly the same problem with my Macbook last year. I searched for days on the internet to find a solution. Nothing helped. In the end I had the drive replaced by Apple. Looks like this is a a common fault. I would recommend giving up looking for solutions that do not help - just face the facts and have the drive replaced.
    Cheers,
    Ella
    That was a bit of a defeatist post jumping the gun, wasn't it?

Perhaps we should wait and see if chscag's advice helped when the OP posts back?

"Try cleaning the drive. You can purchase a drive cleaning kit at Radio Shack or most any store that sells computers and accessories. It may just be a dirty optical light. If it continues to do the same thing after cleaning, it may be time to replace the drive. But first ask your friend if the machine is still under warranty or Apple care."

Thread Information