Just took my mac for repair, can anyone explain this?
    Hey, first time posting here, so im sorry if its in the wrong place! Bascically i just took my mac into the genius bar because it had stopped recognising its charger. Everything still worked fine (or so i thought), but you basically had to work with the mac plugged in and it would take FOREVER to charge, like 1% an hour. Oh also i've only had it for 9 months! So anyway i took it in and it apparently needed a new logic board and a new magsafe board. Luckily it was still under warranty and it was free, but otherwise it would have cost 400!!!

I wouldn't say i used it excessively, no more than other people, and it usually sits on a desk with not too much moving around, i just dont see how this could have happened!!!! And considering all i thought was it wasn't charging! Just seems a lot of money for a minor inconvenience. Like i say, it was free so it doesn't really matter, but im just worried it might happen again! or that im doing something wrong. Does anyone know why these things happen? could it be getting too hot? I was expecting like a new 40 charger or something, not a new logic board, when i really didnt think there was anything wrong with it! Anyway, if anyone had any insight id be very grateful :-) Thanks!

Specs:
    MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
    Could have been faulty to begin with, stuff happens. Technology is not perfect.
    死神はリンゴしか食べない。

yeh i guess, it just was behaving perfectly so i had no reason to believe there was anything wrong with it.

oh also, i dont know if i made this clear, but the charger problem only happened in the last month, the 8 months before that everything was working perfectly!

Specs:
    Unibody MacBook /intel core 2 duo/ 2GB RAM/250GB HD/Snow Leopard...iPhone 4 (:
    dude same thing happened to my mac....so i sold it and got a new one bc Apple wouldnt fix it unless i paid $800

Specs:
    iMac, and Macbook Pro
    You don't spend much time on forums like this one before you realize that even Macs go South every now and then. Even quality hardware and build will experience failures every so often. It comes with the territory. That's why buying Apple Care is such a good idea.

Thread Information