New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

Some advice: was 13" MacBook Pro available before summer 2009?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

lol mahmood

lol mahmood is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Black macBook, 2.4 ghz, 2Gb RAM,250Gb,

Hi,

I've been looking for a cheap 13" MBP, and there seem to be a lot on Ebay. This one particularly caught my eye because of its relatively low Buy it Now price, but I'm a bit puzzled by the description:

This auction is for a Macbook Pro 13" with a 2.26ghz processor, 2gb of Ram and 160gb HDD. Serial Number W8905NVM1AQ.

It is in excellent condition (no noticable marks or damage), has been well looked after for the short time I have owned it and has a warranty until 25th March 2010. The HDD will be formatted with a fresh install of OSX (Not Snow Leopard).

Was there a 13" MBP around before summer 2009? The warranty expiry date in March 2010 implies that this one was originally bought in March 2009.

The picture on the listing isn't great quality, but it does appear to be a MBP. I've asked the seller about this, but he's a bit slow on the replies.

Another issue: the serial number comes up as 'not valid' on the Apple warranty page. Other than the obvious 'it's not a genuine serial number', is there anything else that might cause that?
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

The 13" MBP was introduced on June 08, 2009.

You can use everymac.com to check complete specs on pretty much any Mac you can find.

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks
lol mahmood

lol mahmood is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Black macBook, 2.4 ghz, 2Gb RAM,250Gb,

Thanks bobtomay, I thought so. everymac.com is pretty useful, I'll bookmark that one. Unfortunately, the serial number is not coming up there either. Looks a bit dodgy to me.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« isight camera specs etc... | MacBook Pro (Mid 2009) - Sudden Black Screen »