Specs:
    Macbook Pro Mid 2012
    Can I upgrade from Leopard through Snow Leopard?
    Hi bros,
    I am currently running MacOsX 10.5.8. I want to upgrade to Snow Leopard. I do not want clean install just upgrade. Can I? If I can, how can I do? I have been using Mac for 3 months and I am novice. Please help me. If I upgrade, will my documents and programs be affected? I have lots of musics, pictures, document and so on. After upgrade, will they stay just there or not? What about incompatible programs? What about time machine back-ups? Which one do you recommend snow leopard or leopard? I know I have asked lots of questions but I want to learn. Thank you in advance for your replies.

Specs:
    2008 15" MBP Yosemite, 2012 21.5" iMac Yosemite
    As long as your machine is Intel (which I believe it is based on your specs) and you currently have Leopard (which you do), you are fine with the $29 USD upgrade disc. Nothing will change, as far as your documents, photos, music, etc. You won't really notice it on that level. You'll most likely gain some hd space and things may or may not be a little snappier.

There are websites out there if you do a Google search full of which apps are and are not compatible with SL. So check that out to see if anything you use is or isn't compatible.

STRONGLY recommend a time machine backup AND create a bootable clone of your HD just in case on an external drive (or DVD?). SuperDuper! is free and does this just wonderfully. Can't be too careful when making changes like this. Backup and clone. Do it!

Specs:
    Macbook Pro Mid 2012
    i just upgraded. Now, i am installing updates. Everything went ok. Thank your help.

Specs:
    2008 15" MBP Yosemite, 2012 21.5" iMac Yosemite
    Very Welcome! Glad it went well.

Thread Information