New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

My first Mac

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

urahara454

urahara454 is on a distinguished road

Hey everyone, I am a 19 year old uni student that wants to finally after 11 years try a mac, however I would like to know if I could still play my fave game on it World of Warcraft, I am interested in the macbook pro 13", the specs are pretty low, but I cant afford to go any higher than that really, I was wondering if anyone could tell me how WoW works on their Macbook pro 13". Thanks for reading, I look forward to the responses.
QUOTE Thanks
CrimsonRequiem

CrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to all
Mac Specs: MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB

Yes you can.

Go Bleach! ^-^", Urahara is also my favorite character.

死神はリンゴしか食べない。
QUOTE Thanks
Mac Pro

Mac Pro is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 27" iMac Quad Core i7 2.8 ghz 1TB HDD

World of Warcraft will run perfectly fine on your macbook pro.
QUOTE Thanks
urahara454

awsome thanks for the replies, my student money goes in on the 5th of january, cant wait to get it, just one more little question, ive used windows for the past 11 years since my first ever computer, as macintosh is a completley different os, will it lag with the low specs, ive heard it wont due to unix, just wanted to know if anyone has experienced lag on the 13" pro
QUOTE Thanks
Mac Pro

No, there shouldn't be lagging and I wouldn't call them low specs. I think that unix uses its resources (ram, processor speed) much better than linux. As long as you aren't doing heavy editing or something like that, you shouldn't have any speed issues.
QUOTE Thanks
urahara454

hey, sorry for the late reply, thanks for the helpful information, I just have to be annoying one more time lol. My student money gets put into my bank tomorrow, I wanted to get the macbook pro 13". This will be my first mac, but looking at certain sites I can see that there maybe an update on the macbook pros, I was wondering if someone could predict for me, will the next 13" macbook pro be something to wait for when compared to the current basic one? Should I go get a macbook pro tomorrow, or wait till the end of January for updated one. Im running in circles lol. Any opinions would be great. Thanks
QUOTE Thanks
TattooedMac

TattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 21" iMac 2.9Ghz 10.9.4 13"MBP 2.9Ghz i7 Yosemite 10.10 ~ iPhone5 iOS 8 ~ iPad Mini iOS 8 ~ ATV3 6.1

Have a look at this youtube video courtesy of a earlier thread
Hope it helps you

Dont buy MacBook Pro just yet

Cheers

CogFrog Studio's ~ Photography, Apps and Web Development
Dont forget to use the Reputation System if someone has helped you out !!!
Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
QUOTE Thanks
Mac Pro

If you need the macbook pro right now, buy it. If you can afford to wait, that is probably a good idea as it is very probable there will be a refreshemt of the macbook pro.
QUOTE Thanks
pmurray633

pmurray633 is on a distinguished road

well either waiting, or buying now, you will love the apple line, i love them, and i think the rest of the world will too!
QUOTE Thanks
scottshaw16

scottshaw16 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 13" macbook pro

i got a mb pro 13 inch for christmas and am so happy with it it does everything so quickly and i even run sims 3 at max everything its the quickest laptop i own and ive still got my 6 month old dell adamo which is a much higher spec laptop and the mb still exceeds it easily
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« is this normal? | isight camera specs etc... »