New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

Is this a Fair Deal?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

ImageExtensions

ImageExtensions is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook Air 128GB/4GB SDRAM & iMac 2.5GHz QuadCore 500GB HardDrive / 8GB SDRAM

Found this ad locally and the price is near my budget. (Edited to add: I am upgrading from my PB G4)

-Do you think this is a good deal?
-Other than asking about dead pixels and software, anything else I should ask?
-I don't really care about loaded software as I have all the original disks of the software I use.

Macbook Pro 17" Core Duo 2.16 - $1198

* TESTED, WORKS GREAT
* NICE CLEAN CONDITION.
* INTEL CORE DUO 2.16GHZ CPU SPEED
* 2GIG OF MEMORY (RAM)
* 200GB HARD DRIVE
* 17" LCD SCREEN, NON GLOSSY 1680x1050 resolution
* Keyboard lid up at low light or dark (nice)
* SD-DVD BURNER
* WEBCAMERA
* WIRELESS
* BLUETOOTH
* USB 2.0 , FIRE-WIRE AND MORE...
* Adobe CS3
* SNOW LEOPARD OPERATION SYSTEM
* Run Window XP pro under VMware fusion
* ITEM COMES IN RETAIL BOX WITH BATTERY AND AC ADAPTER.
QUOTE Thanks
cowwart

cowwart is an unknown at this point

It sounds like it's a fair deal to me, but I don't really know that much about the pricing of used macs. Also, I'd recommend that you just ask them to let you try it out before you buy it. One issue that may come up is the windows side may already have a significant number of viruses; just something to consider.
QUOTE Thanks
harryb2448

harryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac i5 2.7GHz OS X.9.4 and OS X.10

Here are some same or similar models that you may also get a warraqnty with, from dealers such as Mac Pro:-

Amazon.com: Used and New: Apple MacBook Pro MA092LL/A 17" Laptop (2.16 GHz Intel Core Duo, 1 GB RAM, 120 GB Hard Drive, SuperDrive)
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Battery Tips For My Friend | how fast is macbook pro with 18MP camera & lightroom2 »