Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: "Rare" MacBook?

  1. #1


    Member Since
    Dec 30, 2009
    Posts
    2
    "Rare" MacBook?
    I was wondering if the MacBook Aluminum Unibody 13.3 inch was rare in any way?
    Considering they only made it for about a year.

  2. #2


    Member Since
    Jul 18, 2009
    Posts
    473
    Specs:
    Macbook Pro 13"
    Most Apple computers are only made for about a year, then they are discontinued.

    So I would say no, but I could be wrong.

  3. #3

    bobtomay's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 22, 2006
    Location
    Texas, where else?
    Posts
    26,465
    Specs:
    15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
    I'd guess there were only somewhere between 6-10 million of them produced.

    Guess it depends on what your definition of rare happens to be.
    I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
    In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.

  4. #4


    Member Since
    Dec 30, 2009
    Posts
    2
    Thanks

    I was just curious...

    What would that be compared to the 13.3 inch MacBook Pro?

  5. #5


    Member Since
    Dec 12, 2009
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    120
    Specs:
    Unibody MacBook /intel core 2 duo/ 2GB RAM/250GB HD/Snow Leopard...iPhone 4 (:
    if they are rare i spilt iced tea all over mine sold it for $600 once i got it too boot and got the Uni White <3 i am inlove with the uni WhiteBook looks soooosoosoo sexyyy<3333

  6. #6

    code54's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 14, 2008
    Location
    WV
    Posts
    40
    Specs:
    Alum. Mac book 13", MacBook Pro 15"
    Pretty darn close to the 13 MBP, minus the lighted keyboard and a bit slower....

  7. #7

    torbjoern's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 30, 2009
    Posts
    107
    Specs:
    MacBook Air 13" Ultimate (2010)
    Quote Originally Posted by code54 View Post
    Pretty darn close to the 13 MBP, minus the lighted keyboard and a bit slower....
    There are two models of unibody MB, with respectively 2.0 and 2.4 GHz. The latter model does have lighted keyboard. As a matter of fact... I'm writing this post on it

    Other differences are:

    In favor of MBP 13:
    - FireWire
    - SD-Card slot
    In favor of UMB 13.3:
    - SATA 3.0 Gbps instead of 1.5 Gbps

  8. #8


    Member Since
    Aug 28, 2009
    Posts
    147
    Quote Originally Posted by asa0518 View Post
    I was wondering if the MacBook Aluminum Unibody 13.3 inch was rare in any way?
    Considering they only made it for about a year.
    I have an S-100, Z80 CPM system w/ 64KB RAM in the attic from 1981.
    It has the Heathkit RS-232 teletype video terminal to go with it - AND... the 8", 360KB floppy drive.

    It isn't rare either.

  9. #9

    mostro's Avatar
    Member Since
    Sep 05, 2009
    Posts
    122
    Quote Originally Posted by torbjoern View Post
    There are two models of unibody MB, with respectively 2.0 and 2.4 GHz. The latter model does have lighted keyboard. As a matter of fact... I'm writing this post on it

    Other differences are:

    In favor of MBP 13:
    - FireWire
    - SD-Card slot
    In favor of UMB 13.3:
    - SATA 3.0 Gbps instead of 1.5 Gbps
    I thought they fixed the SATA 1.5 issue on the MBP with an update? If not, that's insane.

  10. #10

    torbjoern's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 30, 2009
    Posts
    107
    Specs:
    MacBook Air 13" Ultimate (2010)
    Quote Originally Posted by mostro View Post
    I thought they fixed the SATA 1.5 issue on the MBP with an update? If not, that's insane.
    If possible at all, I really hope they did.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-04-2015, 01:28 PM
  2. Replies: 19
    Last Post: 03-19-2012, 05:39 PM
  3. Returning to a "warm" macbook pro that was "idle"
    By whitehorse84 in forum Apple Notebooks
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-26-2010, 02:03 PM
  4. MacBook Pro to Vizio 42" LCD (RGB input) via DVI-VGA results in "No Signal"
    By zimbu1234 in forum Other Hardware and Peripherals
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 02-16-2010, 04:36 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •