New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

What is a good price for buying a 15" G4 Powerbook.

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

buenhec

buenhec is on a distinguished road

I need to get my wife her own Mac laptop so she will leave mine alone. She basically surfs the web and goes on Facebook. I dont want to buy a Windows laptop even if they are under $300. I really like the simplicity of Macs.

What is the going price for a good G4, 15" with around 2gb of ram and a 120 HD? A buddy of mine has one, I may offer to buy his.

Thanks!
QUOTE Thanks
Collin Bl

Collin Bl is a jewel in the roughCollin Bl is a jewel in the roughCollin Bl is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 27 iMac i5, MBP 13 & iMac 20, 2TB dual TC, AppleTV, iPh4S

Go for a 2.16GHz Intel unit - more current and better future upgrade path if it becomes necessary and windows is able to be added if your arm is twisted. PowerBooks range from 800 GHz to 1.67 GHz so if u have to go that way go for the 1.67
QUOTE Thanks
TattooedMac

TattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 21" iMac 2.9Ghz 10.9.4 13"MBP 2.9Ghz i7 Yosemite 10.10 ~ iPhone5 iOS 8 ~ iPad Mini iOS 8 ~ ATV3 6.1

Goto Mac2sell chuck in the Mac specs and see what it comes up with ... Without what sort of dvd drive and the without the freq i got a price of $130 ...
But put in wht you know and it will give you a price

Cheers

Dont forget to use the Reputation System if someone has helped you out !!!
Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
MoTM ☆☆☆
QUOTE Thanks
idirtbike

idirtbike is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: Unibody MacBook /intel core 2 duo/ 2GB RAM/250GB HD/Snow Leopard...iPhone 4 (:

i wouldnt pay more then $250 considering how good of shape the computer is in.
i sold my PowerBook G4 for $200 but the battery was going n the keyboard on those are terrible and break soo easily especially after time and you know the computer is old as it being a PB. just spend what you would on the PB at Apple and finance the rest of a MB thats $999. well worth it, you will be sooooooo much happier with the MacBook
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Powerbook G4 17" - airport and trackpad | Macbook + 4GB Problems »