New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

thinking of buying new Mac

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

DJ Jammie

DJ Jammie is on a distinguished road

ok i have currently a MBP,

C2D 2.16 Ghz
2 GB RAM
120 GB Hard Drive
GeForce 8600M GT
Glossy Screen etc

runs fine, i use it to DJ, FCS, Adobe suite (media Student) and everything seems to run fine also major WOW player.

I know this machine is like 3 years old now so things have changed so im looking to change this machine for a better one as the battery is going on this one and the screen is slowly dying!

Looked at the direct MBP 15" upgrade swap = 2.53GHZ 1.299 but this is no longer needed to be this powerful as i have a iMac 24" Alu.

so im looking at the MB and the 13" MBP now which is going to be better to buy?

...so far the MB is looking nice as it has the 250GB (the white i kind of like)

Now is it worth getting the MBP for the simple fact the screen better (as the glossy one on this MBP is going to be the same as the current MB has and this screen aint bad at all!)

i have no need for the SD card reader as i dnt use SD's having a iPhone etc!

They both share the same Graphics card also the 15" standard MBP has the 9400M in it how much better is this card than the one in this MBP 8600M GT?

or im i downgrading a 3yr old machine for a new one? im a little confussed what to do.

Every Little Helps...thanks
QUOTE Thanks
CrimsonRequiem

CrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to all
Mac Specs: MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB

Well you would be going from a dedicated video card to an integrated video card that has to share memory with the rest of your system.

In that respect it would be a slight downgrade. However everything else about the machine is top notch.

死神はリンゴしか食べない。
QUOTE Thanks
DJ Jammie

DJ Jammie is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonRequiem View Post
Well you would be going from a dedicated video card to an integrated video card that has to share memory with the rest of your system.

In that respect it would be a slight downgrade. However everything else about the machine is top notch.
i dnt understand the whole graphics can thing, as the 15" MBP has advertise the GeForce 9400M now is that the same GeForce 9400M as the MB, im guessing yeah!

So what would the difference be in preformance from the one thats in This MBP Geforce 8...GT, im i right in saying that the 9400 is worse?
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Battery needs replacing soon? | used to use nero on pc, whats the equivalent for mac »