New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

2 questions

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

arnolds bro

arnolds bro is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Processor 2.1ghz intel core 2 Duo

hi

1st question is audio
ive just plugged my lead into my headphone port on macbook and the other end into my mixer as i normaly would if i was using my pc.
The sound dosnt sound very good at all, its like the 2 channels are coming out of 1 lead ( if i unplug the one lead the sound still plays on 2 channels ) hope this makes sense to you. any ideas??

2nd question
If ive got a web page open on my macbook how can i open another page without losing the other page, i wan them to sit in the dock so i can choose from one to the other??

Thanks all
QUOTE Thanks
crazypotatos

crazypotatos is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook pro 13" 2.26 GHz Core 2 Duo 8GB RAM 750 GB HDD

Well for the second question just open another tab. It wont display in the dock, but it will in the window.

QUOTE Thanks
ticedoff8

ticedoff8 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by arnolds bro View Post
hi

1st question is audio
ive just plugged my lead into my headphone port on macbook and the other end into my mixer as i normaly would if i was using my pc.
The sound dosnt sound very good at all, its like the 2 channels are coming out of 1 lead ( if i unplug the one lead the sound still plays on 2 channels ) hope this makes sense to you. any ideas??

2nd question
If ive got a web page open on my macbook how can i open another page without losing the other page, i wan them to sit in the dock so i can choose from one to the other??

Thanks all
Mono plug in a stereo jack? Stereo plug too small for the Mac?

Open Safari, go to a web page. Now, either hit <splat>-t or go to the <File> menu and click on "New Tab"

You'er welcome.
QUOTE Thanks
arnolds bro

thanks all

the single plug that goes into head phone socket on macbook has 2 wires coming out of it then the other end there are 2 phono plugs which go into my mixer, this works fine on pc laptop so im not sure whats going on.

as for opening 2 web pages im sure last night i had 2 pages on the go and the the page i wasnt looking at was in he dock window if thats the right name for it.
so when i wanted to look at the other page i just took the cursor over to the left hand side and the dock window came out and i could see the other web page in it, when i clicked on it it opened and the other page went into dock window, any ideas??
new to mac as you can probably tell and im not the brightest on computers

thanks again
QUOTE Thanks
arnolds bro

ive sorted 2nd question

thanks
QUOTE Thanks
arnolds bro

ive just plugged the lead into pc and guess what
it appears not to be working properly.
so weird
how can a lead stop working when it was ok last night
thanks anyway
QUOTE Thanks
Slydude

Slydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 2.8 GHz MacBook Pro 10.8,3 8 GB mem, 2.66 GHz Mac Pro - Dead, iPhone 4

Take a good look at the end of the jack that goes into the headphone port. Check out this picture and notice the difference between the second and third plugs. Filehoto-audiojacks.jpg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Stereo plugs (what I think you need) have a double ring on the end.

Sylvester Roque Former Contributing Editor About This Particular Macintosh

"Got Time to breathe. You got time for music." Denver Pyle as Briscoe Darling
QUOTE Thanks
arnolds bro

thanks slydude
mine is the same as number 3
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Macbook sound input output through speakers | ive just downloaded burn »