New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

white macbook v iMac

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Maisie

Maisie is on a distinguished road

Okay, so my friend and I were talking about this the other week and she has an iMac (she used to have a white mac like i do now) she's been telling me that macbooks aren't as good as iMac's and I thought she was just saying that to make her computer sound more up to spec compared to mine.

The question I need to ask is, which is better in your opinion?

(I have a mac because it is easier for me to use and plus, i take my computer on the road quite a bit)
QUOTE Thanks
stickerdontwork

stickerdontwork is on a distinguished road

um, spec to spec, a desktop will be more powerful than a laptop seeing as how they're both new. best would be your opinion. i personally like laptops because of the moblility but she might like the screen on a desktop

Mac specs: late 2009 MBP 15 inch 2.53ghz 4gb Ram 320 gb HDD, 32 gb iphone 3gs white, 16 gb iphone 2g
QUOTE Thanks
directeuphorium

directeuphorium can only hope to improve

the imacs use laptop parts... soooooo

as far as which is better it doesn't really matter but if you want to know come back with the specs of each machine and we'll tell you.

to do that go to
about this time>more info

then list processor name , processor speed, memory

under graphics/displays list the chipset model

and list the size of the hard drives.
QUOTE Thanks
Maisie

Maisie is on a distinguished road

Thanks guys.
QUOTE Thanks
XJ-linux

XJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBookAir5,2:10.9.4-MacMini3,1:10.9.4-iPhone6,1:7.1.2

Who cares. If you like yours and she likes hers, all the better. If you want to do some relative tests, download and install xbench or geekbench on each and see which one scores better. The scores aren't all that accurate, but it's fun and free.

"Those who don't understand Unix are condemned to reinvent it, poorly." Henry Spencer
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« charging my macbook | Help I am a slave to apple »