How do I get data from my external HDD
    Well I have got an interesting problem.

I was running Leopard on my Black MB. About a month ago, I decided to upgrade to Snow Leopard. Hence backed up the entire data to my 1TB external HDD using TimeMachine.
    After a clean install of Snow Leopard, it was time for me to create users. Hence I created a new user, say 'neo'. Everything is fine. My MB works perfectly fine.

In Leopard, I had a user called 'neoanderson' and all the data is backed up under that name. And after upgrade I did not do a restore using the inbuilt restore utility - simply because I had a lot of unwanted stuff I installed i did not want restored. I thought I could selectively restore the data.

Now coming to the problem. If I connect my 1TB external HDD to my MB and start TimeMachine, it starts backing up the current data under user 'neo'. But I cannot see the TimeMachine backups for user 'neoanderson' - although they are existing in the ext. HDD.

Since its not showing in TimeMachine, I cannot restore the data. Hence,

1) I'd like to know how can I restore the data under user 'neoanderson' to user 'neo'

2) Secondly, I have a few widgets that I installed in Leopard that I'd like to have in Snow Leopard. Given the above background how can I do this.

I have best tried to explain my situation, I know its a bit complicated
    Hence any help would be appreciated.

TIA
    Apple MacBook Black 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 250 GB HDD, 2 GB RAM, Snow Leopard 10.6.2, Window 7 via BootCamp

Specs:
    2013 MBA 13" - OS X 10.11
    right click the time machine icon on the dock and select " browse other time machine disks " .... then select the backup used by " neoanderson "

Cheers ... McBie
    A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any invention in human history - with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila.
    The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.

Thx McBie... it worked. I was able to get my data from the backup.
    Apple MacBook Black 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 250 GB HDD, 2 GB RAM, Snow Leopard 10.6.2, Window 7 via BootCamp

Thread Information