New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

design question(s)

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

LindenArden

Hi Again,

So I want to design some simple wedding invitations and I do not have Illustrator, Photoshop, etc. I don't want to use cracked programs and, growing up as a Windows user, I like to patronize shareware designers.

Does anyone know of a simple, somewhat elegant, basic layout/text design program for OS X? I am not looking to do crazy Photoshop work or vector graphics work -- just something that is relatively easy to use that will allow me to do some basic layout.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions.
QUOTE Thanks
mynameis

mynameis is just really nicemynameis is just really nicemynameis is just really nicemynameis is just really nice

I haven't used it but Pages which is included in iWork might be worth a look.
QUOTE Thanks
Ghostshadow

Ghostshadow is a jewel in the roughGhostshadow is a jewel in the roughGhostshadow is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: iBook G3 - You'll be missed.

well if your looking for a good graphics program , then you could check out Gimpshop . it's open source , Click me

QUOTE Thanks
technologist

technologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)

Either Pages or PrintShop

Or just go to a printing/graphics shop or even a FedExKinkos and have them do it. Probably won't cost much more than buying software, but the results are likely to be slicker.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« access privledges | My iBook has a fan! »