New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

Firmware update wont update to 3.0 version. HELP

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

snieves

snieves is on a distinguished road

Hello everyone,
Just got my first macbook, and the optical drive obviously happens to make a weird noise when I boot or I awake the machine from sleep mode. I ran all the software updates and I have the firmware at 1.4, but when I manually try and update my machine to 3.0 it says this computer does not need to be updated.

Now, how in the world could I do this?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Sam
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

1. Make sure your MB is on the list of the ones this update is for.
2. Make sure you have the appropriate EFI firmware update installed first.

About SuperDrive Firmware Update 3.0

Also read the 'Additional Information' at the bottom of the page. Yours may not be one of the drives requiring that update/

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks
snieves

snieves is on a distinguished road

My notebook btw is a late September release of 2008 and it is on the list. Its a macbook aluminum edition. The person I bought it from did a fresh install of Leopard but didn't do the updates. He stated that when he had it the optical drive wasn't an issue. The seller is legit as my company has done business with him for years.

I looked at the list and it says mine is Revision: KA13

But wondering now where to read from since my model is an older one.

Is it possible to uninstall updates to reinstall?
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Ripped off, now what to do. 3 years old Macbook | "Service Battery" w/ MBP & Snow Leopard »