New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

Force Eject Disc

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Slashrim

Slashrim is on a distinguished road

Okay, so my computer is a 2.1 ghz core 2 duo white plastic macbook. It is currently running with a standard apple combo drive. I'm trying to install windows via boot camp, but the only version I have of windows is an upgrade version - which means that half way through the installation I need to REMOVE THE INSTALL DISC and replace it with an OLDER VERSION OF WINDOWS. So, how can I force my machine to eject the Disc without shutting it down?
QUOTE Thanks
Kevriano

Kevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.

You can't as far as I know.
On some machines there used to be a pin hoe that you could use a paper clip in, but not on yours to the best of my knowledge.
Why do you need to do what you say? It seems the wrong way around to me.

Try my custom Mac Forums Search Engine: Mac Forums Google Search

Please use the reputation system if you consider any help given useful (it's the little ✓/✘ on the left <---)

QUOTE Thanks
Slashrim

Hmm... I might need to look for another way to install windows.

I need to get the disc out as the only version of windows I have is an upgrade version. This means that it will only install windows XP if you already own an older version of windows. To make sure you do own an older version of windows, the install program requires that I physically remove the install disc from the hard-drive and replace it with my older version of windows's install disc. As it has no software eject control and apple (in their infinite design wisdom ) decided not to give me a hardware eject button, I cant remove the disc. I'm just looking for a way to get the disc out.

Seriously, why dont they just connect the eject button on the keyboard as a hardware eject button? jeeeze!
QUOTE Thanks
cuhnool

cuhnool is a jewel in the roughcuhnool is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: MacBook 2.1GHz Core 2 Duo | 1GB RAM | OS X 10.6.3 | 250GB External HD | 8GB iPod Touch 1st Gen 3.1.3

There is a way to do this. Install the OS first.

QUOTE Thanks
Slashrim

Boot camp didnt want to start the windows installer for windows 95. How would I get around this?
QUOTE Thanks
cuhnool

cuhnool is a jewel in the roughcuhnool is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: MacBook 2.1GHz Core 2 Duo | 1GB RAM | OS X 10.6.3 | 250GB External HD | 8GB iPod Touch 1st Gen 3.1.3

Boot Camp will only install XP Service Pack 2 on up.

Here's some more info that could help you. If you need Windows on your Mac, you could try calling Best Buy or other computer stores to see if they still have XP Service Pack 2, or you could get Vista or Windows 7.

QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Macbook Pro i7? | Delay in recognizing internal macbook Hard drive »