New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

Macbook pro screen blurred - crashed

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

dixipoppins

dixipoppins is on a distinguished road

Hi,
I have no idea what's happened. Suddenly last night my screen turned into a blurry coloured mess. I can see the firefox screen still in the background, but can't move around the screen to do anything. All i could do was turn ito off at the power button.
This morning, I turned it back on again, and it worked normally for about half an hour and then did the same again.
When I tried to turn on again, it just kept making the power-on noise. I waited 10 mins and it rebooted, but this time immediately with the screen looking like that.
I'm afraid I can't find all my operating details as I can't log on.
All I know is:
Macbook Pro, 15 inch.
Bought June 2007
Intel processor

I'm working in America for a 2 weeks (alone and from hotels) so absolutely dependent on my mac.. I will be seriously lost without it!
ANY advice will be much appreciated. (or any tips of where to take it in Lexington, Kentucky, for service...?)

MANY THANKS
QUOTE Thanks
dixipoppins

dixipoppins is on a distinguished road

It suddenly struck me, I had some problems last time i was in the States (I'm from the UK). Is there any way the power voltage difference would be affecting the macbook?)
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, Yosemite

No, the power line should have no impact on the operation of your MBP. All Mac machines are designed to operate with the various power grids available. The only thing you would need is the proper adapter for the local mains.

As for the blurry screen and color distortation, it may have something to do with the graphics chipset in your machine. As for local Mac service, look in a phone book's yellow pages at the hotel. Try to find (preferably) an Apple store nearby or an authorized Apple service repair place. Lexington, KY is a rather large city and should have one or the other.

Regards.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Superdrive Firmware Update 3.0 | 6GB of RAM on a MacBook? »