New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

Kernal Panic i think

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Iraz1

Iraz1 is on a distinguished road

well im fairly new to mac and the mac forums look's like a good place for help anyways her is the story i had purchased a macbook from a friend and i restarted my macbook and it shows apple logo then it says "you need to restart your computer hold down power button" with a Grey backround screen and i tried almost every boot key. I have tried booting up install DVD but nothing happens at all the only way i get the DVD out is holding mouse button
it does not have a warranty so can anyone help it was running fine til today. Any help is appreciated.

thank in advance
QUOTE Thanks
Iraz1

ok nvm just lookin for some help
\
QUOTE Thanks
Collin Bl

Collin Bl is a jewel in the roughCollin Bl is a jewel in the roughCollin Bl is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 27 iMac i5, MBP 13 & iMac 20, 2TB dual TC, AppleTV, iPh4S

Try powering on MacBook inserting Instal disk and holding the 'C' Key - you should then be able to do a clean instal which will get rid of any potential problem that currently exists on the HD. Look for Options in the install window to choose to Erase for a fresh instal.
QUOTE Thanks
Iraz1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Collin Bl View Post
Try powering on MacBook inserting Instal disk and holding the 'C' Key - you should then be able to do a clean instal which will get rid of any potential problem that currently exists on the HD. Look for Options in the install window to choose to Erase for a fresh instal.
thanks for the answer its greatly appreciated but the thing is my boot keys do not work none of them tried safe mode holding c nothing seems to work.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Battery Calibrated Wrong On New Macbook Pro? | Battery - died in less than a week »