New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

Another question about MBP to HDTV

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

azndragon684

azndragon684 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 2.53 Ghz 4gb DDR3 unibody, iPhone 3G 16gb, iPod Touch 16gb

now i know theres been a couple of threads about this topic of connecting MBP to HDTV...and i did create one awhile back about similar topic. But anywho when i plugged it in my old TV on the MBP it detect it but showed nothing on the TV....i figured it was the TV (phillips HDTV plasma) which was about 2 years old.

but i recently bought a brand new Sony Bravia KDL-52VL150 LCD TV and yet when i plug in the adapter (mini-HDMI) it doesnt detect it nor does it show anything on the TV... getting really frustrated... NEED INTENSE ONE-ONE help please... PM me or something any help with be greatly appreciated...

(PS i tried youtubing it and seems everyone showing how to do it is plug and play...but i vaguely remember someone saying that you cant do it or something im not sure...)
QUOTE Thanks
Tys 4x4 FTW

Tys 4x4 FTW is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 2.4ghz Macbook Pro, 16g iPhone 3G, ancient 80g iPod video

wish i could help ya man

mine plugged in and defaulted to a two screen setup. i was able to change that on the laptop screen and then set the screen res to my liking.

good luck
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

Would suggest you press the 'Display' button on your sony remote to change it to the input you have plugged the MBP into.

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks
azndragon684

Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 2.53 Ghz 4gb DDR3 unibody, iPhone 3G 16gb, iPod Touch 16gb

when i press display...theres a list of inputs but the only ones im able to go to are the ones with something plugged in so TV and the other is HDMI..(which is connected to the adapter which is connected to MBP...any other suggestions? please and thanks
QUOTE Thanks
ih8pc

ih8pc has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Mac Specs: Macbook Pro 15", 2.8Ghz, 4gb, 500gb

This may sound stupid, but did you try to power off the mac, turn on the TV, hook in the cables then power on? For it to plug and play it has to be connected while off then powered on.
QUOTE Thanks
Graham-Digital

Graham-Digital is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 2009 MacBook Pro 3.06Ghz, 8GB RAM, 256 SSD (4TB G-RAID); iPhone 3G 16GB

Where did you get the mini-HDMI adapter? I need one for doing the same thing.
QUOTE Thanks
azndragon684

i bought it from apple store...30 bucks... im sure theres cheaper ways..
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« I completely stripped out screws on the hard drive bracket. | Open programs with keystroke combination »