New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

Blurry text external monitor w/macbook

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

mpetruzz

mpetruzz is an unknown at this point

I have a macbook that I've connected to my 22 vga monitor via a mini-dvi to vga cable. I have read through the forums and everything is figured out so that my external monitor works perfectly. The only problem is that the text is blurry. I've made sure that the resolution is appropriate, 1600x1050. I have a kvm switch on the monitor because I also use it for my work laptop. When it's showing my PC the text and screen is perfect. But when I switch over to the macbook it gets blurry.

Any suggestions??
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

a pic would help tremendously

If you're only referring to the text not being as sharp and crisp as what you are use to in Windows, not going to happen. Has to do with the way the 2 systems render fonts. Here is but one of many articles you can find about it.
The larger the monitor and the lower the resolution the worse it will be. A 22" screen should have a resolution of 1900x1200. One with only 1600x1050 is not going to be that great under OS X. (Try running OS X on a 50"+ HDTV and see what in my opinion is really bad, especially on a 720p set. It does get a little better on 1080p.)

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Traveling to Peru | New headphone problem »