New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

What Mac to get for Final Cut Studio?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Vcize

Vcize is on a distinguished road

I've been doing most of my video editing for the last year or so in Sony Vegas on a PC. I'm looking to get into it a bit more seriously and want to make the switch to Final Cut Studio.

Can I run it on a Macbook Pro? Can I run it WELL on a Macbook Pro? Currently I'm running Sony Vegas on a PC with a Q9350 quad-core CPU, 4gb ram, and an 8800GT graphics card, and I'm not fully satisfied with the way it runs (encoding times are fine, but it's difficult to preview within the software with any semi-complex effects added). What should I be looking for in terms of processing speed and whatnot here? Could I get away with the 13 or 15 inch Macbook pros and still run things well?

Hard drive size is not an issue, as everything will be archived to a server.
QUOTE Thanks
DigitalVyruz

DigitalVyruz is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 2009 13" Macbook Pro

Im kinda new to Mac also, but im not sure it makes a difference as long as the unit meets the system requirements,
I have a 2009 13" Macbook Pro, 4gb, 500gb hdd, and its running it fine.
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

If you're not happy with that core2quad, you need to wait for the Core i7.

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks
winndd5

winndd5 is on a distinguished road

I was running FCP on a Macbook Pro. A lot of cussing coming from me. Didn't cut it, so I've purchased a Mac Pro to run FCP on. Much happier now ;-)
QUOTE Thanks
Realest99

Realest99 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 13" 2.2ghz MacBook, 120GB HD, 4GB ram, 30GB Ipod Video, 16GB Iphone 5 ;-)

Either MB or MBP duel core with plenty of HD space and atleast 4gb ram will be fine.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« HELP! I dropped my Macbook. | Hard Drive Question »