New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

Macbook won't turn on

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

TheEnigmaBlade

TheEnigmaBlade is on a distinguished road

One morning when I came to turn my macbook on, it wouldn't turn on. The hard drive, fans, and sleep light come on, but the screen remains black. I've tried every fix that I can find, such as resetting the PRAM and power settings. The battery is fully charged and the power adapter works. Does anyone know what the problem is, or should I take it to an Apple store?
QUOTE Thanks
csegeek

csegeek is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 500GB hard drive 4GB ram PowerMac G5 Dual 2.2GHz Mirrored 500GB HDD, Mac Mini, and more

I would hope by now you have, taken it in to the Apple Store as they would
be your best bet .. hopefully its under warranty..

Otherwise it could be a multiple of things ... bad back light .. bad video chip, bad memory,
or even bad logicboard.. there is a lot that can go wrong.. sorry .. I know how I would
feel if that happend to my MBP

Ce's GeekBook PC guru wana Be turned Mac geek
QUOTE Thanks
harryb2448

harryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac i5 2.7GHz OS X.9.4 and OS X.10

Got your original system disc? Please don't say no!! Pop in disc one and see if you can run Apple Hardware Test in the extended mode and see what is reported.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Cost to change MB Keyboard? | My Powerbook G4 is not booting correctly »