can't send email
    I am very new to apple macs. Just received my first the other day. Today I am trying to get to grips with it so could be lots of questions.

First is about emails. I have opened mail and set up my two email accounts and imported emails saved as mbox files from my old PC. I have a few questions:

1) Main one is I can receive emails but cannot send them. I don't mean I am getting isp error messages, just that when I click reply (which sometimes works and sometimes does nothing), I write the email and go to click send but it does not appear to do anything. The send button does not seem functional. I can save to draft but nothing else. Nothing in sent folder.

2) I seem to be getting duplicate emails in that it collects my emails into the account I have set up (my and also Can I simply delete one of these?

3) All my imported emails have gone into on my mac lower down than inbox etc, can I re-arrange these and drag around?

Check your account settings. Sounds like something is wrong with you SMTP setting.

Yes eventually got this sorted. I am sure the mac will be great but taking some getting used to! Now to find a way to edit my webpages all done in FP.

Thread Information