New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

MacBook Trackpad Button Stopped Working

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

skiruss

skiruss is on a distinguished road

Hi guys,
I have a MacBook, its probably close to 3 years old now and all of a sudden the trackpad button has stopped working. Any suggestions on how to get it back up and running would be greatly appreciated. In the meantime I am using the tap-to-click on the trackpad but being a creature of habit am finding it fairly frustrating!
As I said before, any help on the issue would be greatly appreciated!
QUOTE Thanks
Sur3Mac

Sur3Mac is a jewel in the roughSur3Mac is a jewel in the roughSur3Mac is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: Late 2011 MBP 13" i5/16GB RAM,Early 2007 MB white 13", 2x TV 3rd Gen, ᣦ

Well if you removed the battery or something, you may have messed up the trackpad.

If you look underneath the trackpad in the battery compartment, you can see a copper wire that extends from a circular indent in the metal.

If it's dislodged you could press it in with a cottonstick you use to clean your ears.

Hope this helps

QUOTE Thanks
skiruss

skiruss is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sur3Mac View Post
Well if you removed the battery or something, you may have messed up the trackpad.

If you look underneath the trackpad in the battery compartment, you can see a copper wire that extends from a circular indent in the metal.

If it's dislodged you could press it in with a cottonstick you use to clean your ears.

Hope this helps
thanks for this, unfortunately this does not seem to be the issue, the copper wire is still in place. The button still clicks but there is no action from the mouse.
most frustrating, any other ideas?
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Use Of my Current Monitor on The MACBook Pro | Upgrading Video Cards?! »