New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

MacBook-It's a Hero of War

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

EFS

EFS is on a distinguished road

Well, as you read this thread, you may think that this is a thread complaining of the damage to my MacBook, but it is far from it. This is a thread explaining how well Apple can make a notebook using fragile materials like polycarbonate. The MacBook you are about to see was treated well, but as we all know, accidents can and will happen. This notebook has been dropped from 5 feet several times, and even landed on the corner of a table, center LCD, during one of the accidents. As you see, after 2 years of partially protective use, she's battered, but she's still pushing on. I will be purchasing a 15'' MacBook Pro within the next few months due to my happiness. Never have I had a computer that has never had a single problem that has hindered it's ability to operate. Thanks to all that have read this giant wall of text. Check out the pics.

-Eric
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0177.jpg (380.4 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0178.jpg (373.9 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0179.jpg (276.3 KB, 18 views)
QUOTE Thanks
VegasGeorge

VegasGeorge is a jewel in the roughVegasGeorge is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: iMac, and Macbook Pro

So, do you mean this Macbook has been to war, like in Iraq or Afghanistan? Or was it just banged up around the house, at work, or at school?
QUOTE Thanks
Calijoefornia

Calijoefornia is on a distinguished road

You know you can get your top case replaced. The whole unit with the trackpad and keyboard can be replaced for free from Apple because the edges are chipping off. Just so you know!
QUOTE Thanks
CrimsonRequiem

CrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to all
Mac Specs: MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB

Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasGeorge View Post
So, do you mean this Macbook has been to war, like in Iraq or Afghanistan? Or was it just banged up around the house, at work, or at school?
I didn't see any mention Iraq or Afghanistan in the OP post at all. >_>"

死神はリンゴしか食べない。
QUOTE Thanks
EFS

EFS is on a distinguished road

Haha, no, it hasn't been to war, its been through school-my version of war. Countless hours, papers, notes, goofing off. You know, its helped me out a lot in the past few years and as I think back to all the hits it's taken through going to work and school, its amazing that I'm sitting here writing this post. The only complain I have is the cracked case cuts my wrist a little bit, no biggie thought!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« 13' MacBook Pro - Headphone Jack | Logo Mod for Macbook Pro? »