New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

Why is everybody selling their iBooks????

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

sprtnbsblplya

sprtnbsblplya is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MBP 2.4ghz SR, 256m 8600gt, 640gb HD, 3gb RAM

Ok, not sure if I'm the only one that has noticed, but it seems like on the Buy/Sell forums there is a disproportionate amount of 12" iBooks being sold.
Why is this??
I have one and I LOVE IT.
Of course, its used only for travelling and taking to the library up on campus, other than that I use my custom built desktop.
But still, why does everybody sell these awesome, and tiny yet powerful, laptops????
QUOTE Thanks
iWhat

iWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!

Hmmm....? Well, my first mac was my iBook G4, so if I had to go the through the process of figuring out, which to get, an iBook or a Powerbook? I think that I would go with the Powerbook. So maybe people were using their iBook as a trial period for figuring out, if they really wanted to switch or not. And maybe, they then preferred something else on in the mac product line. Just a guess, because that is what I feel like doing, but I'm not.
QUOTE Thanks
mynameis

mynameis is just really nicemynameis is just really nicemynameis is just really nicemynameis is just really nice

They buy them as an introduction to apple, realize they like it, but want something better.... Just a theory.
QUOTE Thanks
JackTheRipper

JackTheRipper is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 14" iBook 1.33 G4, 768 MB RAM, 60GB HD

I'm not selling mine, so it's not really everybody. the iBook suits my needs and there is really no need fo rme to fork out more money to buy the powerbook.

/me sticking to the ibook.
QUOTE Thanks
Desolate One

Nope, not selling mine either. Not only do I love this little machine, it's my only computer at the moment! :mac:
QUOTE Thanks
Benjamindaines

Benjamindaines is just really niceBenjamindaines is just really niceBenjamindaines is just really niceBenjamindaines is just really niceBenjamindaines is just really nice
Mac Specs: 17" MacBook Pro

Im keeping mine too.

QUOTE Thanks
D3v1L80Y

D3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBook

I have no plans to sell mine.

mac: a waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric
MAC: a data communication protocol sub-layer, also known as the Media Access Control
Mac: a brand name which covers several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc.

QUOTE Thanks
BigBear

BigBear has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: ibook G4 14in

i love my ibook! does everything i need it to do. my only complaint might be a better graphics card or faster hard drive but that is really nit-picking. but yeah, i've noticed alot of 12in ibooks for shale too!

my apple is bling *tisk tisk, you shouldn't have any bling.. just nice things*
QUOTE Thanks
mangoSharingan

I wished I could swap my iBook for a Powerbook right now for free but that would never happen and I cannot be bothered to sell my iBook anyways. The reason I got an iBook instead of a Powerbook was because I couldn't really see any good reason to pay the extra 300 at the time and and a PB update was due soon. Don't get me wrong though, I love my iBook and it does everything I need really. But if I do decide to get another portable Mac in the future and I have the cash, I'll just get a Powerbook and get it over and done with.
QUOTE Thanks
fearlessfreap24

fearlessfreap24 is just really nicefearlessfreap24 is just really nicefearlessfreap24 is just really nicefearlessfreap24 is just really nice
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 13" | MacBook Pro 13" | Mac Mini 2GHz C2D

i love mine, bu ti would trade it for a power mac g4. but i need the mobility if the ibook. so i am keeping it.

QUOTE Thanks
code777

no need to sell mine - not until next year maybe when I want to get a PB
QUOTE Thanks
xthisisRomancex

i am giving my iBook to my brother.. and i am getting a powerbook... the only reason is becasue he said he wanted one. and know i am going to get a powerbook.. only becasue he is paying the difference
QUOTE Thanks
Bob t'carpenter

I've only had my 12" ibook for a month but I'm hooked. It's an absolute dellight to use. I bought it because my thin-and -light Dell broke after only 18months, andf this seemed a suprisingly cheap option for replacing it - not as thin or light as the Dell, but not far off and only half the price. Its far more robust than the Dell, and has a battery life I only dreamed about before, so I don't have to carry a cable or transformer, so its actually turned out lighter. Added to which so many things work which should have worked in the windows machine but never did, like printer sharing and - most of all - going to sleep and waking up again without crashing (it ALWAYS crashed on the Dell with windows XP). I'll shut up, I could go on like this all day.
QUOTE Thanks
Ey3 D

I am so attached to my iBook. NEVER gonna sell it. EVER! I am gonna keep it and frame it on a revolving platform and have it cased. It is just beautiful, my only computer now of my own. It performs perfectly, it is small, compact...I could talk about it for hours.
QUOTE Thanks
Aptmunich

Aptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2

Keeping mine as well, but I agree that it seems to be the introductory drug of choice for most people.

They get the iBook 12" as a "second machine" in addition to a pc or something cause it's cheap and portable.
Then they're hooked, sell the pc and buy a 15" powerbook.

The iBook's are sold or handed to female spouses
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« What memory to use? | iBook »