New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

Logo Mod for Macbook Pro?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Devon12

Devon12 is on a distinguished road

Does anyone know if it is possible to do the icolours.ca mod of the apple logo on the front of the mac for the aluminum macbook pros? On the website it says it isn't currently supported. I wanted to change it to the old school multicolor logo.
QUOTE Thanks
TheGreatApple

TheGreatApple is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Late 2009 MBP 15 Inch, iPhone 4, iPad 2

Hmm...

I was just thinking about this the other night when I saw a picture of something similar. I don't think you can actually change the color of it through the computer, but I'd be willing to be that you can find clear stickers out there that change it that way.

I'll let the experts chime in on this I'm still kinda a mac newbe
QUOTE Thanks
Devon12

By through the computer do you mean a setting? I know you can't that way, but on older ones you can insert a piece of tinted plastic. I've also seen stickers, which I might do. The insert is just so much more legit.
QUOTE Thanks
TheGreatApple

I didn't even think of inserts!

Wouldn't that mean having to take off the the lid cover to get in there though? Not sure I want to mess with that on my part here lol.
QUOTE Thanks
TheGreatApple

iColours.ca - Customize Your Mac!

MacBook Mods - See How Easily You Can Get Your Own Apple Logo

Check those sites out...just found them. Might help!
QUOTE Thanks
Eric559

Eric559 is a glorious beacon of lightEric559 is a glorious beacon of lightEric559 is a glorious beacon of lightEric559 is a glorious beacon of lightEric559 is a glorious beacon of lightEric559 is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: 2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGreatApple View Post
That is the website he/she posted in the original post. They are asking if it is possible with the aluminum macbook pros.

Is there even a way to take apart the aluminum mbps? I havent seen one in person for a while.

Member Of The Month for December '08.
It's only the internet!
QUOTE Thanks
iggibar

iggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: Mac Pro 4.1 15" MBP. 13" MBP. 17" PB. Power Mac G5. Galaxy Note 4 160gb*

I like the sticker idea(red one) , taking apart a uni screen is not something that would be worth it IMO.
QUOTE Thanks
TheGreatApple

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric559 View Post
That is the website he/she posted in the original post. They are asking if it is possible with the aluminum macbook pros.

Is there even a way to take apart the aluminum mbps? I havent seen one in person for a while.
Oh! Sorry
QUOTE Thanks
Devon12

The screen isn't unibody. There is a seem between the aluminum back and the black outline of the screen. I would assume that it is possible, if not simply because of the fact that they had to get it on there someone, I'm sure you could take it off. I just don't want to be the guinea pig for it, since I'm in highschool and spent a huge chunk of my savings on it.
QUOTE Thanks
cuhnool

cuhnool is a jewel in the roughcuhnool is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: MacBook 2.1GHz Core 2 Duo | 1GB RAM | OS X 10.6.3 | 250GB External HD | 8GB iPod Touch 1st Gen 3.1.3

If you wanted the old school Apple logo, they have stickers available in that design. I really do not think taking apart a uMBP is a good idea.

QUOTE Thanks
Devon12

I know they have stickers, I guess I'll resort to that. I just like how the insert looks more clean. Has anyone used the stickers? I'm wondering if the light still shines through at all.
QUOTE Thanks
cuhnool

cuhnool is a jewel in the roughcuhnool is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: MacBook 2.1GHz Core 2 Duo | 1GB RAM | OS X 10.6.3 | 250GB External HD | 8GB iPod Touch 1st Gen 3.1.3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devon12 View Post
I know they have stickers, I guess I'll resort to that. I just like how the insert looks more clean. Has anyone used the stickers? I'm wondering if the light still shines through at all.
I definitely agree with you on the clean look. I can search around see if it's possible, or if it's safe to do so,

QUOTE Thanks
Eric559

Eric559 is a glorious beacon of lightEric559 is a glorious beacon of lightEric559 is a glorious beacon of lightEric559 is a glorious beacon of lightEric559 is a glorious beacon of lightEric559 is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: 2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGreatApple View Post
Oh! Sorry
No need to apologize!

Member Of The Month for December '08.
It's only the internet!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« MacBook-It's a Hero of War | so is there ANY way to put a video card in macbook yet? »