New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

Black Macbook unibody

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

kimster

kimster is on a distinguished road

Hi everyone!
I'm new here at this forum. I see lot of you guys knows a lot about everything. So instead plenty of surfing on Internet to find out, I was asking myself does Apple considering to lunch black Macbook(unibody model) as it was few years ago??
I'm very intrested in this laptop, though really don't like white one.
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 13" MB 2.4ghz, 2gig ram, OS 10.7.5

It's always possible...with the release of the new plastic/polycarbonate "white unibody" Macbook...it would certainly be feasible to release a black version.

But if it will ever happen is anyones guess.

- Nick

- Computer slow, too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some speedup tips: Speedup
- Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
- Apple Battery Info. Battery
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

Quote:
I'm new here at this forum. I see lot of you guys knows a lot about everything. So instead plenty of surfing on Internet to find out, I was asking myself does Apple considering to lunch black Macbook(unibody model) as it was few years ago?? I'm very intrested in this laptop, though really don't like white one.
I guess it's possible like Nick says, but what I don't understand is why anyone would prefer a "black" MacBook? If you want a machine that looks like an ordinary PC notebook, then why not buy an ordinary PC Notebook?

Even most PC notebook makers are now offering their line in varying colors. Take a look at the new Dell and Sony portables. You can even order a "Pink" Sony Vaio!

Regards.
QUOTE Thanks
Kash

Kash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G

You clearly haven't seen the black Macbook if you think it looks like an ordinary PC notebook.

June 2007
July 2009
QUOTE Thanks
maz94protege

maz94protege will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: MacbookPro 15.4, 2.2ghz i7 (Late 2011), Macbook 1,1 1.83ghz CoreDuo

im down for a flat black/black aluminum macbook/MBP that be sweet. But with all things apple will change one little thing and charge us a premium for the color choice.
QUOTE Thanks
todd51

Quote:
Originally Posted by maz94protege View Post
im down for a flat black/black aluminum macbook/MBP that be sweet. But with all things apple will change one little thing and charge us a premium for the color choice.
I do remember that the old black Macbooks were always more expensive than the white ones. I think you paid an extra $200 to get the black one with a bigger (or faster, can't remember) HDD.
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 13" MB 2.4ghz, 2gig ram, OS 10.7.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by maz94protege View Post
im down for a flat black/black aluminum macbook/MBP that be sweet.
I think that a black aluminum MacBook/MBP might be a tough one to make that is durable in terms of the finish.

Depending on the process to coat the aluminum black...you could at some point have a flaking, chipping, or peeling issue with the black coating. Or after lots of handling (especially the palm areas below the keyboard or where finger tips do a lot of touching or rubbing)...the black coating could get worn thru...then you would have shiny-silvery aluminum areas being exposed thru the black finish.

This is where plastic has the advantage when it comes to colors...since the plastic can be the same color throughout it's thickness.

- Nick

- Computer slow, too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some speedup tips: Speedup
- Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
- Apple Battery Info. Battery
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kash View Post
You clearly haven't seen the black Macbook if you think it looks like an ordinary PC notebook.
I've seen many - even when I was purchasing my MacBook at our local Apple store. Black reminds me of the many "black" PC notebooks I've owned over the years. Oh, I know that a "black" PC notebook is different from a black MacBook, but if you close the lid and cover the Apple....

Regards.
QUOTE Thanks
ZorroAMG

ZorroAMG is a jewel in the roughZorroAMG is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: | '09 24" iMac 3.06 8GB | '09 iPhone 3GS 32GB | '09 ATV 1.16TB | '07 23" ACD | '06 15" MBP |

If you close the lid and cover the apple, it's in your bag. How is someone going to think it's a pc?

Your reasoning = fail

QUOTE Thanks
Calijoefornia

Calijoefornia is on a distinguished road

What's wrong with black? I have a black macbook and no one has ever thought it was a PC. Just because something looks like something doesn't mean it is.

If we're going that route, one could say the white macbook looks an awful lot like some Dell machines. Or, you could make the argument that the unibody Pro's look quite a bit like a Toshiba Satellite. Who cares? It's what's under the hood that matters anyways. Or is that not anti-PC enough for these forums?
QUOTE Thanks
Mac23

Mac23 is on a distinguished road

I liked the BlackBook, but when I bought mine, I ultimately decided to buy the White one. You don't see many white laptops.
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZorroAMG View Post
If you close the lid and cover the apple, it's in your bag. How is someone going to think it's a pc?

Your reasoning = fail
OK, I give up. Black MacBooks are beautiful.

Regards.
QUOTE Thanks
Kash

Kash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G

Quote:
Originally Posted by chscag View Post
OK, I give up. Black MacBooks are beautiful.

Regards.
Well done. I knew you'd see the light

June 2007
July 2009
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.9.4, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS Note 8!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kash View Post
Agreed. It was quite unique for sure. MANY loved the Black Macbook.

I am wondering though the way Apple is going with their White Plastic and aluminum if they will ever make a Black one again.
QUOTE Thanks
BadApple

BadApple will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 32G iPad

Quote:
Originally Posted by chscag View Post
I've seen many - even when I was purchasing my MacBook at our local Apple store. Black reminds me of the many "black" PC notebooks I've owned over the years. Oh, I know that a "black" PC notebook is different from a black MacBook, but if you close the lid and cover the Apple....

Regards.
I have to Agree the black makes it look like a old PC
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« G4 Powerbook keeps cutting dead. | Broken macbook pro 13 mid 2009 »